Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

L'Himal - pink salt from the Himalayas
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 25, 2008 03:16PM

Hi - I just came across this today and thought it sounded rather good.

Apparently this is the product of unpolluted ancient seas, dried up over 200 million years ago. L'Himal was formed in the foothills of the himalayas. they say that its purity is such that it can be called the 'return to the source of salt'

Through water filtering by mineral-rich magma over millions of years L'Himal has been naturally enriched with minerals and essential elememts. It's pink speckled crystals, evidence of the iron trapped within.

It tastes much more mild than the sea salt that I am used to. Is this new to any one or do you know it already?

It seems like a lovely product - comes with its own little wooden spoon (tiny)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: L'Himal - pink salt from the Himalayas
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:19PM

I've seen that salt in Whole Foods. I was wondering what it tasted like. They have a few other types besides that and celtic sea salt. Anyone try any other kinds of salt?

I barely use salt but am curious.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:33PM

i didn't even know salt was raw!!!

so it's ok to use sparingly?

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:43PM

Well, sea salt is a collection of minerals, so i think you could describe it as unprocessed, but not raw as it was never really a living organism. Personally I don't mind using a little here and there and I don't think my raw credentials will be revoked for doing so. Sea water is very similar to the salt content of our own blood and I know several people here in Maui who drink about 4oz every day.

It's all a mater of personal taste and choice. Do what feels right to your body/soul and you'll never be wrong.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: February 26, 2008 12:17AM

That kind of salt has an almost buttery taste. It's great on tomatoes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables