Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coconut oil
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: May 26, 2006 03:14AM

I just bought 2 lbs of organic coconut oil to use on skin, hair, and to eat. I got it online. Anyone else use it and think it is good? Any recipes? It claims a lot of health benefits. Thanks, Jan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coconut oil
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 26, 2006 04:25AM

It's supposed to make a great "personal lubricant". But you can't use it with condoms incase they fall to pieces.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2006 06:32AM

Coconut oil is the bomb. I can go thru a gallon of it in just a few months (I give some to my cats and girlfriend too). smiling smiley

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 26, 2006 07:07AM

I always use it after I eat Jackfruit to clean my hands in fact that is what I just got done doing its great because it cleans all the sticky particles on my hands.
As for eating it I prefer the coconut water versus the oil.

Cherimoya

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 26, 2006 03:00PM

Omg,

I use it for everything. It's as major part of my natural skin care line, Made By Mark, I use it as a supplement, in smoothies, in salad dressings and everywhere else. I have even used it to condition wood furniture and my bamboo cutting board.

Read Bruce Fife's Book, The Coconut Oil Miracle and you will learn how truly versatile this oil is.

Peace,

Here's a link to the Coconut Oil Miracle.

[www.amazon.com]

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: May 27, 2006 03:14PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. It does taste great! I was always leary of the calories/fat, but it is apparently a "Good" fat. I was reading online about it. It is apparently great for hair/scalp/skin, etc..... Jan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables