Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

liver,ovary,colon, cancer. help my MOM
Posted by: bostonhill ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:07PM

Hopefully this pertains to what we can discuss here. Yesterday I found out my Mom was diagnosed with liver, ovary, colon, etc. cancer. She is 64 years old now.
She fought breast cancer 9 years ago with all the yucky chemo, radation, removal.... and has been good till now.The whole family helped. I am 80% raw and am always telling my parents about the healing power of raw foods, sprouts and wheatgrass. They want her to start on chemo immediately, and we will get the whole diagnosis later today, meaning exactly what they think she should do.
I am thinking that I don't know enough to help her thru an alternative healing process but maybe by adding all the "good stuff" she will be able to fight all the drugs and the cancer.
If anyone has any ideas of what foods to eat at what time of day or how much or which ones are the best, that would really be appreciated. I am doing research on my own every day.
Thank you
Sandy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: liver,ovary,colon, cancer. help my MOM
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:20PM

Sandy,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom getting sick again. I know this has to be very hard on the whole family. I'm too new to offer any nutritional help, but I can certainly offer my prayers. Be sure you're taking care of yourself through all of this, too.

Warm Regards,
Keith

Date: February 27, 2008 02:21PM

Keith,
Thank you very much, i feel your warmth, and yes I will take care of myself so I can take care of her.
Sandy

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:24PM

I'm so very sorry, Sandy. This must be so hard for your whole family.

I know someone who cured herself of ovarian cancer that had spread to the breast and hip bone by adhering strictly to Dr. Schulze's Incurables Program. That program is a full time job for the person doing it and almost a full time job for a helper. I have an MP3 file of a half-hour interview during which she describes what she did and how it worked for her. If you want it, email me privately and I'll see that you get it. My email is sedonacoach a t y a h o o d o t c o m.

The Schulze program is extreme and your Mom might not have the resources or stamina to do it. If she goes the way of chemo and radiation, there's an excellent herbal product that reduces the toxic effects:
[mapi.com]

About 15 years ago I wrote an article for a health magazine about the effects of emotions on health. In the process of interviewing subjects for the article, I came across a womens cancer support group, many of the group used the product. They said they had minimal side effects from the cancer therapy and attributed it to the product. It's an ayurvedic health tonic, comprised of two formulas - pills and paste. You're supposed to take them both. The women thought the paste was the most potent of the two and got results from taking 2-3 times the dosage.

Re: liver,ovary,colon, cancer - Interview URL
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 04:16PM

Hi,
The interview is located here:

[download.yousendit.com]

It will be available for download for 2 weeks. It is a half hour interview I did with "D", in which she describes what she did, what she went through, etc.

When she was diagnosed with cancer, she weighed 80 pounds and was in severe pain. Her ovarian cancer has spread to her hip and breast. She embarked on the Incurables program, staying on a juice 'feast' for the first 3 months, during which she gained over 20 lbs. Within a short time she was feeling much better. At the end of three months, she felt fantastic - completely pain free, vital, full of energy. She continued the program for 2 years and completely healed her cancer. She said it was the hardest thing she ever did. It's an amazing story.

I called her to get information for a dear friend who had breast cancer. We were trying to inspire her to do the Incurables or at least some type of cleanse and I thought this interview would help. So you will hear me asking the questions and referring to my friend, Linda.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 27, 2008 04:51PM

Hi bostonhill:

So sorry to hear your sad news, I am sending you and your mom prayers.

When I was undergoing my chemotherapy for breast cancer, one of my naturopaths suggested a product for me to take during my chemotherapy. I don't know what it did to me in terms of my cancer - this is, my cancer seems to be gone at this point, and five years have passed, but who can really say whether it is the chemo, my lifestyle or something else. Anyway, one thing that this product made a big difference for me that I can tell you for sure, is that I seemed to heal much better and faster. My gum health improved drastically when I started taking this, my dentist was amazed, and my mastectomy healed up way faster than expected.

The product is cellfood. No big claims of a cure, it just seemed to help me a whole lot with healing. They have a web-site [www.luminahealth.com], but I have never needed to order this stuff on line, it is available in any health food store, at least where I live. If you can't find it, you should be able to order it I think. It costs about $40 (Canadian) a bottle, and normally lasts about a month, although in chemo, I was using a bit more. You just put a few drops in some water and drink it, it has a fresh lemony pleasant taste.

The only other thing I would like to mention, is that during active chemo, your mom will be feeling so lousy, and her appetite may be greatly dimished. This would be a good time to really offer her the most healthful and delicious stuff you can manage. If you will be around her to help with meal preparation at that time, you could really do her a lot of good. I would have loved to have anyone around me who would have been willing to make me some fresh juices for instance.

Sapphire

Date: February 27, 2008 05:44PM

Thank you Greenie, I have downloaded it and will check everything you mentioned out today. I really really appreciate it.
Thank you Sapphire, and congratulations on your hard work for yourself that paid off!! So good to hear!You look great and vibrant! I will look into the cell food!
Sandy

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:03PM

Sandy,

I hope things go as well as possible for your mom. She's got a tough row to hoe but it sounds like you are very loving and supportive.

Hang in there. Let us know, when you have the time and energy, how things are going.

Lee

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:10PM

bostonhill -- Sorry to hear about your Mom. My dad died of cancer. He was always a healthy robust man until the cancer but he ate a very cooked diet with a heavy emphasis on meat. He ate very little raw food and I never saw him eat a salad, my Mom said he didn't like greens. He went for the conventional cancer treatment plan and after the surgery he started chemo. From the moment he started the chemo he went downhill. It was as if someone had hold of his energy dimmer switch and started turning it down until the lights went out. IMO I think he would have been better off if he had done the opposite of everything they said, it was that drastic of a turn for the worse once they got their hands on him. I have confidence in Doctors and I go to them when necessary but I think they need to work on their cancer program because from what I saw it isn't working all that great. You might want to look at alternative options and make up your own mind. I hope everything goes well and that your Mom comes through her health challenge OK.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: February 28, 2008 04:59AM

If she understands WHY raw foods will work (they alkalize the body and cancer cells can't grow in an alkaline environment) then it might help motivate her.

These charts list the effect of foods on the body's ph levels (not the ph levels of the actual foods) so, for example, the chart at the very bottom lists lemons and watermellon as being very alkaline (9.0), even though lemons are an acidic food before being eaten, and it lists artificial sweeteners as bein very acidic (5.0)
[www.greathealth247.com]

So drinking a lot of lemonade or limeade all the time would be a great way to start, even if she doesn't want to change anything else in her diet right away. I personally would sweeten it with agave nectar or stevia, but the charts don't list them so I don't know how alkaline they are, (stevia can't be too bad it's just the leaves of a plant, dried and ground up) the charts do say that honey is alkaline (7.0).

Hmmmmm, one thing I just thought of, lemons and limes improve the adsorbtion of certain things so it might mess with any meds she is taking. I have no experience with lemonade and meds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 05:01AM by Lillianswan.

Date: February 28, 2008 01:46PM

Thank you Lee~the family definetly does whatever we can to help every day. Last time we made a big calendar and every day she got through, she got to open a day and there was either a joke, a snack, lottery ticket, or something as a surprise for her. As every day is a struggle, we wanted her to know every day was an accomplishment.
Thank you EZ Rider, that's for sure, the doctors don't have the answers. We have to do what we think either instead or along with their ideas.
Thank you Lillianswan, I am already starting on explaining the WHY about raw foods and she is very interested. I always talk about it with my parents and recently they have actually changed a lot with their diets, so I am well on my way to that~that is soooo true. I will check out the website~and really appreciate your input!!!
The fun news is she was out shopping last nite with her sister, so her spirits are good!!:-)
Sandy

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:28PM

You may also try hacres.com for help with diet and info. about beating cancer. You might even find someone there that is a health minister that lives close by to your mother and can come visit and help with diet, etc.

Also, you might try curezone.com and read Ask Moreless PH forum as he has a lot of good info. Take want you want and leave the rest..that's what I do when I'm at curezone.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 28, 2008 09:45PM

Prism, Thank you~ I will gladly look into those!
Sandy

Posted by: RawLoveBaby ()
Date: February 28, 2008 11:02PM

You may want to look into [www.optimumhealth.org]
It is a learning and detox center bases on the healing powers of raw foods, detox, wheatgrass, and it incorporates mind, body, and spirit.

I just spent three weeks there in January. I have no health problems exactly, but I met several people there who were repeat customers because on their first visit there, sometimes 20 years ago, they cured themselves of various cancers and diseases, such as liver cancer, breast cancer, diabetes.

It is a really supportive environment. I met other people there to heal their cancer as well. It was really inspirational.

I feel your pain bostonhill, my father-in-law, was diagnosed three weeks ago with terminal cancer which is spreading rapidly from the bile duct, liver, pancreas, lungs, and lymph system. I so desparately want to teach him all I know and take him to Optimum Health, but he's not interested, and I think he feels like he's too far gone to try anything, even though I feel there is always a chance. Some people I met at Optimum health who had cured themselves were given a death sentence by their doctors and they are alive and well without cancer twenty years later. It is amazing! Good luck to you and your mom. You sound like an invaluable support to her.

Date: February 29, 2008 01:58PM

RawLoveBaby
I will absolutely look into that site~Thank you so much for your help and wisdom.

I imagine it must make you crazy if he doesn't even want to hear about help. You have seen it and you know it works. It is a war going on inside the person and if they can strengthen their own internal army, the "good' body will be stronger and will win the war. If they don't feed and strengthen their good "army" they will lose. I suppose everyone is different and some people don't feel as though it is worth the fight and know they can't win, then they definetly can't, so know that you are there for him but ultimately it's his decision, and you will be there to help the next person who wants and needs your help! Wish you the best in your support for him however he lets you~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables