Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pasteurized almonds--is it federal?
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: February 29, 2008 11:34PM

Hi all!

I need to know: what is the deal with raw almonds? I've heard so many confusing beliefs about the law that requires pasteurization of almonds...is this law only in effect for California almonds or does it affect almonds everywhere? I should just ask at my local health food store, but haven't had the time. Last time I was there, the bin that used to say "raw almonds" said "almonds: pasteurized by law" Is that because their source must be California, as some have said, or are all almonds everywhere now required to be pasteurized? I ask because my local grocery store still sells containers that say "raw almonds" I figured I ought to stock up on them (thinking: if it WAS law for all almonds to be pasteurized, they would still allow stores to sell their remaining raw stock). Can someone please enlighten me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pasteurized almonds--is it federal?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 01, 2008 01:11AM

Also, what is the difference between an almond and a bitter almond? Is there a difference? Can someone also enlighten me about bitter almonds, please, in conjunction with the regular almond confusion?

If that's not asking too much~ ^.^;;

Re: Pasteurized almonds--is it federal?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 01, 2008 01:16AM

I assume it's not federal since you can get them online from a few places. I know last time I checked www.nutsonline.com had raw organic ones.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables