Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food game show sillyness
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 27, 2006 06:24AM

I've had a idea for some silly raw vegan fun and here's the general idea.

It's a game show format with several rounds. I'm thinking that competitors would oragnized into teams of 1 to 4 people

Round 1: The Questions.
General knowledge questions about raw foods, raw vegans, and anything related to the raw vegan life style or the preperation of raw foods. In this round if teams answering a question correctly thier get to pick a either an appliance or food item. This could work in a few ways, 1) a prize is shown, then a question is asked, who ever buzzes first and correct answers correctly gets the prize. 2) A pool of prize is avaliable, a question is ask and who ever answers first gets to pick a from the prize pool.

Round 2: The (un)cooking.
Teams use the food and appliances won in round 1 to perpare a raw vegan meal. This must be done within a certain time (say 30minutes) and the meal must feed at least two (maybe this should be more) people. Meals will be judged on completeness (starter, main course and desert, with bounces for extra courses) and how well they used the ingredients (unused or left over ingredients will take marks off).

Round 3: The tasting.
A panel of judges will sample all the meals and rate them on various criteria they think is applicable, for example taste, nutrition, presentation, innovation, quality, hygiene, improvisation (if things turn out to be rotten or missing), etc...

I'm thinking the round 1 prizes would be things like:
- a blender
- a food processor
- special food processor blades
- a mandeline
- various kitchen knives. Maybe mutliples for knives so everybody gets a shot.
- potato pealers.
- Juicer.
- Fresh young coconuts
- various vegetables in different lots.
- various fruits in differents lots.
- nuts.
- sprouts
- bounus preparpared raw vegan items (like crackers or pizza crusts).
- fresh sea weed!
- weeds
- a durian
- vanilla bean
- cocoa beans
- agarve
- dehyrated fruits
- mystery items, strange and exotic items that few people will know what to do with). Hints may have to be given. Specially if parts of the item are toxic or inediable, the team(s) who has it must be informed.

Variation rules:
- A barter round: After round 1, teams can swap or lend, various appliances and foods.
- When holding it in different areas, only make local foods avaliable.
- The audiance brings in the ingredients and maybe offers questions (verified for accuracy).

After all is done, every gets to taste the food (kind of like a pot luck), so maybe the amount of food made in round 2 needs to be scaled for the number of people watching.

What do you think? I wanna hold one soon. I through my first raw vegan pot luck this week and it was great (you should all try to hold them in your area) and thing something like this would be a great follow on.

Let me know what you think!

If you think you've got some great questions for the quiz, let me know and I'll PM you my email address. I'm happy to share my question list with anybody who'd want to hold a Silly Raw Vegan game show. ;-)

WHO WANTS TO PLAY!

Cheers,
Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food game show sillyness
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 28, 2006 03:42PM

Hey Ian

I PM you about your Raw VEgan show.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables