Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fast/detox suggestions??
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: May 27, 2006 04:51PM

hello
i try to be as much high raw vegan as possible but find i do overeat (boredom etc) and feel like i'm above my normal weight. i would like to know if anyone can suggest a good detox or even fast i could do next week whilst working picking cherries (not very strenuous but long days). i would be very grateful for any advice
thanks
debbie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fast/detox suggestions??
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 27, 2006 05:46PM

Suggestions:

-Fruit Fasts
-Lemon Water

....Get plenty of sunlight (reasonable) and light exercise every day. Skin brush and / or short baths or showers.

-Avoid ALL chemicals, medications.

-Remain outside for most of the day and breathe deeply.

-Think and read very positive things that YOU find uplifting and joyful.

-Find things that YOU think are joyful and happy and engage in them with zest.

-Just some suggstions.

-David Mason

Date: May 27, 2006 06:22PM

thank you for your response, david, but when you say lemon water is that like a bottle of water with a lemon squeezed into it? and how much shoudl you tdrink of that per day? could i do that for 5 days? (whilst picking cherries?!!)

Date: May 27, 2006 06:51PM

Opinion:

-I would not fast too much beyond where you have fasted in the past. It's all about consistency. If you are used to fasting NOT AT ALL - then starting with one or two meals is probably a wise suggestion....or sticking to a fruit / juice fast.

-Jumping into a miserable experience for some future good is a case of the ends justifying the means..........and positivity, choice & consciousness should always guide the ends.......whether successful or not.

-As to the lemon water? A glass of pure water with strained juice from 1/2 lemon or lime...into an 8 oz glass of water is delicious.

-How much per day? It's hard to drink TOO much. It's all about what is more satisfying to you. I would think that 64 - 48 oz should be more than plenty.....perhaps a gallon if you are working very hard.....

..but then again....you should be taking it easy while you are fasting. Your body will have enough to worry about (as will your mind).

-Excellent questions! Thank you.

-David Mason

Date: May 28, 2006 08:56AM

ok thanks!
one more question, i read that your supposed to do enemas whilst fasting but can you get waway with not doing them? (rather unpractical for me at the moment at work!) would tha fast still have some benefit?

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: May 28, 2006 11:29PM

i'm doing the master cleanse right now, and i feel absolutely fabulous! euphoric! part of the cleanse is drinking a laxative tea at night before bed, (i drink smooth move) and then doing a salt water flush every morning. to do the salt water flush you put 2 tsp of a good salt, (like an organic sea salt or himalayan salt) in a quart of filtered water and chug it. (at least try to get it down as quickly as you can). i know it sounds gross, but i'm used to it by now and i don't find it too unpleasant. anyway,the particular proportions of salt to water change the structure of the water so it doesn't get absorbed by the kidneys or the blood, but goes straight through your colon and out. it is VERY effective in cleaning out your colon. even after 10 days of fasting i'm still elimating. it's kind of like an enema, but from the other end. make sure you are by a bathroom for the next hour or so.

actually, now that i think of it, if you're out cherry picking this may not be the best idea for you unless you get up extra early and there's a bathroom available. in any event, its a great colon cleanse!

peace

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: May 29, 2006 02:26AM

One of davidzanemason's suggestions was "fruit fasts" and I agree that's a great way to detox. Since you'll be out there picking cherries, you might try eating the cherries if they're organic and if it's OK with the owners. Cherries are a great detoxer, they sure taste good, and they will help you eliminate without enemas.

If the cherries are not organic, it might be worthwhile to reconsider the timing of your fast, because your body may be more vulnerable to absorption of poisonous chemicals from the fruit. Even if you wear gloves, you may be breathing in the chemicals or getting them on your clothes - not a good time to fast.

Be especially careful of how you break your fast. Most of all, don't go from any kind of fast directly to any cooked grain, starchy food, or animal product. You will feed bad if you do, and you will feel like you blew it.

Try to spend some time walking after work. Recently I walked (not ran) my first full marathon (at 55) after about a week of raw fruits and nuts (no veggies) and was surprised that it seemed to clean me out more than the 7-day water-only fast I had completed a couple of months earlier.

Now I walk or run almost every day while maintaining a raw food vegan diet, and it feels great.

Date: May 29, 2006 04:34PM

-The answer is - yes. You can definitely forgo enemas while fasting....especially for the short times of 1 meal....up to 2-3 days. Beyond that....I do recommend enemas..........but no more than once a day.........and it's better to use the full bag/kit from your local drug store......and use very pure distilled water....rather than tap water or some irritant.

-David Mason

Posted by: marika ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:19AM

David Wolfe says the following are catabolic detoxers (speed up detoxing):
-fasting
-eating sweet fruit
-drinking green juice
-drinking only water
-aerobic exercise
-herbal cleansing
-hot springs/bathing
-sweat lodge/sauna
-colon hydrotherapy
-massage
-orgasm
-skin brushing
-taking enzymes and probiotic supplements
-taking MSM

Fatty foods (avos, nuts, olives, seeds, coconuts, durian), green leafy veggies, using sea salt, anaerobic exercise, eating anything cooked all slow down detox process

But all that doesn't really answer your question. Dave already did, but you could add MSM to your water or any citrus fruits!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables