Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is the percentage of locally grown do food you buy ?
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 28, 2006 06:28AM

I try to buy all of my food at farmers markets but I always see a lot of imported fruits and veggies there.

I am always in search for what is in season locally.

Cherimoya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the percentage of locally grown do food you buy ?
Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: May 28, 2006 11:19AM

i buy as much local and organic produce as possible. we have a great farmers market downtown (awesomely, just two short blocks from my house!) and i have not seen anything imported but perhaps i haven't been paying very much attention? i know for certain that our FM brings in growers from the bay area and surrounding cities like watsonville (i am in santa cruz if you are at all familiar with the area). cherries have just been made available .. we also had some amazing pomelo's!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 28, 2006 10:37PM

-Much of the produce that shows up in my local stores here in South Florida is locally grown produce. Everything else is from South America....I'm pretty sure..... smiling smiley

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 29, 2006 02:10AM

I'd say about 75% of what I eat is from California. Much of it less than twenty miles away.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 29, 2006 03:38AM

I was in the area about 5 years ago in August and I remember a lot of fresh figs and grapes and a lot of greens and tomatoes.

I have never been there during cherry season almost everytime I traveled to that part of California was in late summer.

Stayed at a couple of organic farms in the north maybe 3 or 4 hours north of there near trinity river area about 15 years ago and another place in grape country I remember eating those fresh grapes off the vine almost turned into raisens boy were they tasty.

California has the best summer produce in the country maybe I am wrong but I think so.

I will be back in Florida in a few weeks and oranges are out of season the only ones are from California and expensive there will probaly be a lot of watermelons and some mangos there and other fruits.

In Winter Florida is numero uno for produce California in the summer.

Cherimoya

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables