Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Plan and Info
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2008 02:46AM

I need help with a diet plan for maybe 1 week to get an idea of what i should eat on a daily basis, i know so far about raw food diet that all you eat is fruits, vegetables, and nuts, organic of course? Im 17 and ill be straight up im a huge 340 pound dude, and i wanna loose all of it, im tired of being picked on, eating this poison they put in foods , i wanna be healthy, and of all the diet plans i chose vegan, raw food diet, cause i know what is right for my body, vegan cause, animals; after what ive seen of how the treat them, its turned me away from anything to do with animals, and the thought of eating meat ewww sickens me, as Leonardo Dav Vinci said "The time will come when men such as i will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of man." Anyways ive learned somewhat about detox process, and earlier i read a thread about beign sick from detox? Im going straight through with this, even if im in pain and vomiting, i wanna be healthy and full of life. Oh and not forgot how many times a day should i excercise? Any facts, opinion anything is appreciated , i wanna get the fullest of this diet, im really looking forward to it. Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Plan and Info
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 06, 2008 03:05AM

Revolutionary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> of all the diet plans i chose vegan, raw food diet

When people say "raw food diet" it is a little misleading because it really isn't a "diet" plan like Weight Watchers Inc. or Jenny Craig Inc. When people say "raw food diet" they aren't talking about calorie restriction but rather the type of food eaten. Any weight loss that occurs while eating the raw food diet is the result of one's body doing its best to achieve optimum health and wellness. For some people part of that process may show up as weight loss or for some people it may show up as weight gain depending on what each body needs to achieve a state of glowing good health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 03:07AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 06, 2008 03:22AM

[www.rawfoodexplained.com] is an AWESOME site that got me started. This is raw food from a Natural Hygiene perspective which is probably the most strict, but it gives you the lowdown on food combining, how the body functions at a cellular level and heals, etc. There are plenty of rawfoodists who still eat garlic, use sweeteners--I'd start by just reading, learning, and experimenting with what feels right for you. There is no one raw food bible, or as the catch phrase here is becoming, "there are no raw food police." ^.~

When I first found this board, I spent a bunch of days reading pages and pages worth of posts. There's a treasure trove of information here, and I'm sure you'll find some of your questions answered.

Another note: you DO NOT need a Vitamix (expensive blender), dehydrator, or any fancy equipment at all. You don't need to go all organic if you can't afford it.

The bottom line is always more fresh produce, and be patient with yourself. You are beginning an awesome journey! Hope to see you around! =)

Date: March 06, 2008 03:30AM

So lets just say "meal plan?" What foods would i include daily salads, fruits, veggies jsut eating thoughs on a daily basis? What nutrients would i need? Sorry for more questions, but i wanna know what i need to do, how to cope with it , all my life ive ate cooked food so i imagine its gonna be hard for a couple months, and im really curious with this detox thing how long does it last? Does it ever go away? so many questions.

Date: March 06, 2008 03:39AM

Thanks Phantom, great website ,gonna go to bed right now but i will begin my reading tommorow smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 06, 2008 03:41AM

Opinion:

-Analyze what level of raw foods you are eating NOW and 100% totally comfortable with NOW. Make a plan to increase this by 1-2% per week...until you reach YOUR goal. You would achieve ANY raw goal within 12-24 months. Not bad to undo what might perhaps be years (or a lifetime) of poor eating habits (in my case). Eating in slightly larger amounts ever week....set small goals....like adding 1/3 fresh, unprocessed plant foods to ONE meal per week....then two...then three......then eventually ONE meal per DAY. Do you follow? You'll be well on your way in no time!

-You'll KNOW you've reached a milestone when you are eating 1 ALL-RAW meal per day. That would be AWESOME! The healthier food will inexorably crowd out and clean out blockages and unhealthy items. You know?

-Concentrate on setting VERY SMALL goals that you are PREPARED and MOTIVATED to do on a daily basis. To concentrate on anything else is to lose your focus and your way. All the other things are just distraction and don't exist. If you aren't prepared to make a VERY SMALL step...but make it for a LIFETIME....then none of the larger steps will every amount to anything.

-No tree lives from a single day of care....no matter how tender. A life grows and thrives with a PROCESS of care. Of light...of pure water....and the love of the earth. You will thrive the same way.

-Congratulations on your VERY intelligent questions. I'm sure you will hear some great stories...and get the information you need from the wonderful folks on this board (including myself).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:06AM

I should add, learn about sprouting if you can! www.sproutpeople.com is a great site--and having different kinds of sprouts will help you transition, since it widens the variety of raw food to eat. You can make raw sprouted grain cereal. I used to work at an Indian restaurant and was ADDICTED to lentil curries, so now I've formulated my own raw versions with sprouted lentils--and I don't miss the grease in the old stuff at all!

rawfoodexplained.com actually also has a section with meal plans that I followed in the beginning. My days went something, in the beginning, like:

Breakfast: 1.5 pounds of berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
Lunch: as much salad as I liked, with several types of greens, carrots, sprouts, tomato, cucumber--sometimes with a raw hummus/baba ganoush for dressing (there are PLENTY of great dressing ideas on this board that are SO SIMPLE!)
Dinner: Any medley of fruit: apple, banana, freshly juiced citrus, figs, some nuts.

I would like to add that I initially felt bad about myself for getting sick of this plan, since there's a lot of raw food literature that boasts 2-3 meals/day, TOPS. No snacking. Three months later, I'm finding I do better eating only between 10:30AM-10:30PM (it's best not to eat before sleeping, and that's an improvement for me), and eat small meals all day. If I'm eating one type of fruit at a time, I could be eating every hour.

My meal plan for today was:

11 AM: 1 lb. strawberries, small carton blueberries, two mangoes
12:30 noon: black and red grapes
2:30 PM: Shredded green papaya and mango salad
3:45 PM: one young coconut, two bananas--then raw pine nuts and brazil nuts because I needed to ground (I'm a recovering nutaholic, haha)
6:00 PM: some baby mandarins
8:30 PM: two plums, 6 guavas, small carton cherry tomatoes... and then some more pine nuts

Eventually, you'll learn to listen to your body, know what it wants and how to go with the flow, rather than have a plan--but it is good to have plans in the beginning, especially until you're familiar with that sense. I remember the first night I felt a natural fullness (my first month of raw was just eating with reckless abandon), and it was a breakthrough.

Hopefully that gave you a sense of what you were looking for!

Also, ESPECIALLY when going out, keep snacks on hand! Never ever get caught somewhere with no snacks, temptation can be wicked. I had those grapes and mandarins at work today. =)

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 06, 2008 07:07AM

Hi Revolutionary

Good on you! You are so young and you are taking your health into your own hands...I wish you good luck!

I would just go to the shop and buy all the fruits and vegetables you like eating...then eat them whenever you are hungry. No need to restrict food, eat as much as you want whenever you want (without totally stuffing yourself all the time obviously!).

You could try a big bowl of fruit for breakfast. I always need snacks mid-morning, so I usually have more fruit, maybe some nuts, I have a BIG salad for lunch usually with another piece of fruit, mid-afternoon more fruit, in the evening a salad/vegetable kind of dinner. If you enjoy juice you could get a juicer and make your own fruit and vegetable juices. Or if you like smoothies you could get a blender and whizz up whatever fruits/veggies you enjoy.

Claire

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: March 06, 2008 07:42AM

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the foods that you are giving up are addictive. It might surprise you to learn that meat, dairy and wheat are as addictive as other foods that everyone recognizes as addictive; like coffee, sugar and chocolate. Raw food can be a big struggle, and the addictive-food pushers are everywhere. I just thought I'd mention this because I had a hard time giving up wheat and I didn't realize that it was addictive and had opiates.

Here is Angela Stokes site: she lost 160 pounds! [www.rawreform.com]

Thanks for posting that link to raw food explained, phantom, I've been looking for that site!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 07:46AM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:30PM

Hi,

I am happy for you, for doing this for yourselfsmiling smiley If this helps, here's what I did.

I went from a diet of vegetarian (all cooked) with dairy to Raw in one day.
(Have been for a year now)

My Meal plan
Breakfast: I would eat two large bananas
Snack: Bowl of grapes or any other seasonal produce
Lunch: Shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumber etc salad with lemon juice and some seasalt and spices. I love this one.
Snack: Again banana, orange, whatever
Dinner: I eat some steamed vegetables with spices, some rice beans some soup etc. Total quantity will not even come to a cereal bowl full.. a small cooked dinner
Snack: Again a piece of fruit.

I feel like I am eating a lot but I lost 20 lbs already.

Detox: This has been bothering me very much. I was on medcation for ulcers and also sinusits. So when I switched to raw and stopped the medications I started to have severe detox. Heavy metal detox from 2 decades of antacids can be very painful as I still experience.

I love the support this group gives and helps me with during my detox. They are great.

Welcome aborad and enjoy!!!
Take care
A Iyer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables