Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cost... again
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: March 08, 2008 12:55AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cost... again
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 08, 2008 05:19AM

that's pretty interesting lee.i get the point about the government subsidies on the most unhealthy foods, and i agree that helps keep american's health shitty. if it were frugal to eat more fruits and vegetables, it would likely prompt some people to eat more of those things. particularly poorer people who don't have access to basic healthcare. it would certainly benefit them!

on the other hand, i am at peace with the high cost of raw. i figure i am paying for nutrition. the reality is that food that is empty of nutrition doesn't cost that much, you get what you pay for in a sense. i can't get mad about it, because i just feel LUCKY to eat this way. like "thank goodness i found you! here, take my wallet!"

i live in maui, where my food costs would likely give most of y'all heart failure. on the other hand, i make a pretty good living, yet i live in a tiny one bedroom apartment with my five year old. its my choice. others would need a big house with a yard and a newer car, new clothes every few months, and scrimp on their groceries. i know lots of people like that. and i'm not claiming to be better. just differently focused.

Re: Cost... again
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 08, 2008 12:27PM

Almost all of my income goes to food: food for me, food for my dogs, who are cooked vegan. I tried to economize by putting them back on commercial dry dog food but they just looked at me as if I was trying to torture them, so sad.

After a week of this, I made them a blackeyed pea/yukon gold potato/red potato/baby bok choi meal last night and they were happy.

So I guess I will need to get a second job.

I have the house, not too big but it's really too much for me. That was a mistake. I wish it were about 1/3 the size. I find myself pining for a very tiny place and not having any more stuff than what I can fit in a tiny car.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables