Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

frozen wheatgrass
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: March 08, 2008 01:18AM

Hi

There is a company that grows, juices then freezes wheatgrass here in canada.
I have bought it and wonder if it's still got all or some benefits as live
grass?
thanks
dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: frozen wheatgrass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2008 12:12PM

I believe Wheatgrass is best utilized of its benefits immediately after juicing. Preserving wheatgrass allows its nutrients to get oxidised very quickly and the nutritive value of wheatgrass is greatly compromised. Freezing and then defrosting would definitely cause some changes in the composition of wheatgrass as well.

Further, I also know of a company that makes bio-coffee - ie with Pure Arabica coffee and dried wheatgrass along with whitener (I'm not sure if it is dairy or non-dairy), but the entire powder is packed into individual servings sachets and are ready to use by "Just adding hot water". For most consumers on the road to holistic nutrition, this may seem to be an ideal option. I tried the product & have tried fresh wheatgrass therapy as well, for 2 weeks. I must say,the natural stuff beat the bio-coffee hands down. At the same time, the bio-coffee made for some naturalistic replacement as well.

Re: frozen wheatgrass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2008 12:19PM

Oh.. another point Dave, wheatgrass nutrients are mainly lost due to the heat from the Juicers. Manual juicers / meat-grinders are very effective for this very purpose.. So I guess, the company mass-juicing wheatgrass may have lost quite a bit of hte nutrients prior to freezing!.. Once again, my thoughts... :-) All the best!!

Luvena

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables