Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheat grass sprouters- help/question
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: March 09, 2008 05:21PM

Hello,

I want to start growing my own wheat grass for juicing but am perplexed about what method to use. I was thinking about getting the Sproutman wheat grass sprouter tray. There was only one review on the product and it was a complaint about mold. I would appreciate any advise/comments. Thanks All!

Denise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheat grass sprouters- help/question
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2008 05:56PM

The best thing you can do is get the Hippocrates growing sprouts DVD. I have it and its extreemly helpfull.

elnatural

Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: March 09, 2008 06:37PM

Where can I get this DVD?

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 09, 2008 10:31PM

pippin, growing wheat grass is fairly simple go to u-tube and search wheat grass and you might find some on growing the grass. I soak the hard red wheat seeds over night and then drain the water and let it sprout so you see a little bud on the end of the seed. I usually rinse the seeds so they are wet that helps them sprout. I prepare a tray of soil and spread the sprouted seeds on the tray, I spread the seeds very thick they compleatly cover the soil so you don't see any dirt on the tray but you see seeds. I usually place a wet newspaper over the tray so it is dark and moist oh don't forget to moisten the soil. I let it grow when the seeds have started to grow I uncover the tray and let it get green.
The complications you may find is mold due to over watering and lack of airflow. A fan would be helpful and you will learn through experiance just how much water to use. Some people use hydregon peroxcide in their water to fight mold and fungis. You just need to have experiance and just do it a couple of times. Good luch and happy juicing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2008 10:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables