Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chocolates and Nuts Cravings
Posted by: prash2310 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:59PM

Hi Everyone!
I am a Raw Foodist since last few months and been Vegetarian and Vegan always. I am going through a phase where I get a lot of cravings for Raw Cacao Chocolates and Nuts. I know that Nuts are just supposed to be 2% of the diet and sometimes feel guilty about over eating nuts and chocolates. However I have also read that the first year or so it is normal to have sweet and nut cravings.

Whenever I tend to overeat on Nuts, Chocolates, Desserts, my stomach hurts, eyes get puffy, nose starts flowing and get a sore throat. Is anyone else experiencing similar symptoms or cravings?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chocolates and Nuts Cravings
Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 31, 2006 01:24PM

Nuts are only sippose dto be 2% of your diet? Well that's news to me. I eat a TON of nuts. I am sorry about your symptoms though, that has not happened to me. It sounds like you may have a mild allergy to either the nuts or the cacao.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 31, 2006 02:10PM

try having a big green smoothie for brek, with a little fruit (eg 1/2 apples), cucumber, and lots of dark greens like kale etc.
this can help with cravings, as it adds a lot of minerals to your intake.

Posted by: chickory ()
Date: May 31, 2006 06:00PM

Hi Prashant,
Yes, I've also gotten stuffy from nuts and seeds- they are on the list of mucous-forming foods. Soaked nuts and seeds are a little better than unsoaked, but too much of the soaked still cause problems. I'm trying to play around with proportions of different foods- minimize nuts and seeds because of mucous and fat, so what to add? Root vegetables are also mucous-forming, fruit causes too much of a bood sugar spike. I think leaf greens and green sprouts should be the basis of my diet, with a ltlle of this and that- an evolving process of trial and error.
Cravings are a very complicated interplay of physical addiction to sugars, fruit sugars, other carbs; and emotional addictions ( using food to meet unmet needs, self-destructive impluses, etc) Good luck in sorting it out.
Chickory

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 01, 2006 07:26AM

Try eating some durian all your nut cravings will go away.

Cherimoya

Posted by: prash2310 ()
Date: June 01, 2006 05:06PM

Hi Everyone,
Thank you all for your suggestions. I do drink 2 green smoothies everyday and feel best when I do not eat chocolates or nuts. However, Nuts and seeds are also important. Nuts should be soaked and yes it should be just 2% of the diet. 10% can be dehydrated foods but 80-90% should be fruits and more green leafy vegetables (preferably blended).

There are a lot of different contradicting theories out there on Raw Vegan Diet. Some say juicing is bad, some say blending is bad. I think we should just try different things and listen to our bodies and do what is best for us. Since everyone is different, a single theory cannot be the answer.

Thanks Cherimoya, I am not sure what durian is?

- Prashant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables