Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

teeth
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 31, 2006 09:29AM

what are you all doing about your teeth? i am going to take care of my teeth in ther best way i can now. i am looking for the best way to care for my teeth. have you ever heard of success with remineralizing or anything like that? do people ever save their teeth?

thanks,
jen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teeth
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:29PM

bumpity-bump
I'm also currently trying to remineralise, so the more discussion on this subject the better, I think!
I'm using Uncle Harry's products, but it's too early to report any results yet.
I'm also having a big green smoothie for brek, with plenty of wild greens from the garden - eg nettles are a good source of silicon, which is good for remineralisation. Also cucumbers are good.
Uncle Harrys sells a bamboo silicon supplement, although I havnen't tried it myself.
good luck Jen!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 01, 2006 05:43PM

I stopped using toothpaste about a year ago, I think.. I was at the dentist in March, no cavities, all good, yay me!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 02, 2006 06:13PM

so don't you brush your teeth with anything now Thomas?

(coughbumpcough)

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 02, 2006 11:23PM

I was told by some friends that baking soda is good if toothpaste is out of the question. Their daughter has an alergic reaction to something used in most toothpastes. Her mouth swells and her tongue looks like a road map for about 4-5 hours.

Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: June 03, 2006 04:41PM

I am thinking juicing veggies is great for mineralization. It has been explained to me as getting the minerals from all those veggies, without having to consume that many. I also have not used tooth paste in a long time. Just brush with water and floss.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 04, 2006 08:46PM

One really good way to keep the gums healthy is to use an electric water pic once a day. It is very effective for actually strengthening the gums. Keeping gums strong and healthy will prevent pockets from forming between the teeth and gums. Deep pockets lead to infection, tooth decay and loss of the bone structure that's holding in your teeth.

These days, a good dentist will measure for pockets all around your teeth. Anything measuring over a 4 is not good.

There are now several good commercial herbal mouthwashes that help with gums and will also adjust the ph inside your mouth (which I've heard is important in preventing cavities). But read the label to check for undesireable ingredients.

Hope this is helpful. -Ally

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 04, 2006 09:07PM

Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is one of the main ingredients in many of the toothpastes available at the health food store.

When I was really poor, I used to brush my teeth with baking soda all the time (you can buy it with food stamps). It's also supposed the balance your oral ph.

Luna_sky_1, if you happen to know, I'm curious whether your friend's daughter has tried health food store toothpastes, and if those give her as much trouble (although baking soda I think is just fine).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables