Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alissa Cohen- book or DVD?
Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 13, 2008 04:35PM

i want to buy her book, it looks amazing!

i wanted to know if the DVD has the same recipes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alissa Cohen- book or DVD?
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:39PM

I bought her book when I was first getting into raw. At the time I mostly liked it for all the photos for both the before and after stories and the recipes. Looking back though, that's all I got out of it. Most of the recipes are very extravagent and time consuming. I've heard that it's good for transitioners between SAD and raw but there is so much prepping that goes into those foods it can be really overwelming and at times, frustrating. This was just my experience though.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 13, 2008 08:47PM

Her book is so full of recipes and a lot require many ingredients but many don't. I use so many of her simple recipes. I also like her book as a reference. It makes me think of my old Good Housekeeping cookbook.

The recipes on the DVD are the same. I don't even think I ever finished watching it.

Date: March 13, 2008 11:27PM

but i suppose that she does not make all her recipes in the DVD, so id better get the book

Posted by: star thistle ()
Date: March 14, 2008 02:21AM

Yes, in the dvds she demos selected recipes, talks about what you need to get going, answers lots of questions from 2 ladies. But if you had to choose one most definitely go with the book. If you need some visuals to help get you going, you might enjoy to DVD too. I did like it.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 14, 2008 02:41AM

The DVD - actually 2 DVDs IIRC - consists of Alissa in her kitchen preparing raw food for two ladies. It's nice because Alissa shows how easy it is to whip up yummy stuff, and it's also entertaining to watch the ladies devour bucketloads of food all the while saying, "Oh my God! Oh my GAAAWWWWWDDD!" and making yummy noises. I have no idea how they managed to eat that much, but they were very cute.

I almost never looked at the book - I don't have it any more, I recall it being a monster book with more stories than recipes.

Date: March 14, 2008 03:56PM

greenie Wrote:
It's nice because Alissa shows how easy it
> is to whip up yummy stuff, and it's also
> entertaining to watch the ladies devour
> bucketloads of food all the while saying, "Oh my
> God! Oh my GAAAWWWWWDDD!" and making yummy noises.

Hahahaha! That is soooo "cliche" from cooking shows!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables