Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Friday evening
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 14, 2008 09:33PM

Hi all,

I have this strange issue. Every Friday evening, I just want to go out and eat. I mean really, I don't want to cook and I don't want to clean up.

I am serious. I realize how "bad" I feel when I go out and eat in restaurants. (vegan cooked food - but still I get stomach pain). Logically I know this.

But Friday evening comes and here I am thinking, I want to go out and eat. I don't want to cook. Three kids will be home soon and I have to make food for them.

All week, I do my usual raw breakfst, lunch, snacks etc etc and eat a very small cooked vegan diner (just about a cereal bowl full only).

But why Friday is like thissmiling smiley)))))))))

Does any one feel this way? Is it just laziess? Do I just wanna go out and unwind? I actually don't even crave any particular food. I just don't want to cook/clean now. LOL!

This is so weird. Please share with me , how you spend Friday afternoon/ evening?

Take Care
A Iyer

Re: Friday evening
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 14, 2008 09:52PM

I feel like that. It feels like a luxury I guess. I like someone doing the work instead of me.

If eating cooked is the issue go some place that has a great salad.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 14, 2008 09:57PM

i get like this sometimes, too. after a long working week, i just want to grab something and go sit on the beach and watch the sunset with my daughter, without food prep before or cleanup after. there's a health food restaurant around the way from me that serves a "live nut burger" and i try to pick one up on my lunchbreak on fridays, then stash it in the fridge. when i get home from work on friday i just scoop up my munchkin and trot down to the taco stand, grab a black bean burrito for her, and we head to the beach with our bodyboards and go play in the waves. its a big treat, and more quality time spent together, a great way to reconnect with each other and kick off the weekend after so much time apart during the week.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 14, 2008 11:35PM

It is very nice to go out on occasion. Being raw/saving money/going out less makes me appreciate it even more.

Again, find a place that has an awesome salad. Or, if there are Thai-style restaurants in the area, you might be able to luck out and get some fresh mango or papaya salad, instead of the good old green stuff. =)

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 15, 2008 07:46AM

I totally sympathise...stuffed my face with pizza last night sad smiley( Like you described, I got in from work and it was, like, "let's party"!! Wanted to go out and eat at the Mexican place but they didn't have a table..so we got a take away nbecause by then there was no way we wanted to make anything ourselves.

Have to say I really regret it this morning, feel yucky sad smiley(

Oh well, I guess this is what transitioning is about !

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: March 15, 2008 05:49PM

Take you and the kids to an all-you-can-eat Buffet. We have one here called the Golden Corrall. They have it all - excellent salad bar, meat for the carnivores, treats for the kids.... find something to satisfy everyone.

I coudn't live if I couldn't go out once in a while - the drudgery of anything done over and over is too much!

Go out! Have fun!

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 16, 2008 02:46AM

can you make your friday night meal, thursday night?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables