Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

any one recover from diabetes?
Posted by: TinyFlower ()
Date: March 16, 2008 03:05AM

Hi guys

I notice you are all so UP! I feel a little beat...beet. Ok
couple months ago a therapist screamed at me for being raw. She said i had an eating disorder. I haven't gotten over it yet. I am scared to really commit again.

I have diabetes though. I know raw foods heal, and green foods heal diabetes. Like greens and nuts, or greens and some vegan protien.

I don't know. I just need some love. Its like no one I know understands how raw foods make you feel pure.

Peace

Tinyflower

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any one recover from diabetes?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 16, 2008 10:07AM

<<Ok couple months ago a therapist screamed at me for being raw. She said i had an eating disorder>>

Pfft. It's a lot better to remove glycotoxins from your diet if are diabetic. Glycotoxins arise from cooking food.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

(lots of other papers, too!)

And yes, if you are type II you can see significant improvement. But you might be limited in imiprovement if you are type I.

But people don't know these things. It's better to tell them that you eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. They can't argue with that and they won't make you feel bad.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2008 03:31PM

Tinyflower.
I will send love your way.
Hang in there with the raw foods.
The mainstream medical community is not in tune with the foods of the Earth,only the drugs they can make from the oil companies.
The foods of the Earth can heal,and restore the body to balance.
I have type 2 diabetes (actually I dont.Its only cause my "dr" said I did based on ONE morning fasting reading,which was 126.Not high,but not real low either.)
I know and understand that raw eating ALWAYS makes me feel better than any other way of eating.
smiling smiley
Brian

Posted by: TinyFlower ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:03PM

Cool,

thanks.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:36PM

I have two friends, both diabetic and on meds, who recently went raw. Before raw, even with meds, their blood sugar was quite high. Within a few days on raw their blood sugar was normal.

They got inspired by a meal I made for them. Consisted of two kinds of salad, seed cheese, crackers green smoothie, and a sweet heavy cheesecake for dessert.

A couple of days later, the husband called me with this report. He told me his blood sugar was 150 upon awakening that day. Normally after eating his blood sugar would be 180-250. Instead, after the raw meal his blood sugar was 103.

If you are nervous about going raw, try just one day and monitor your blood sugar. Eat as close to your normal diet as possible, just with raw vegan foods. For instance, if you usually have soup and sandwich for lunch, have a raw soup and make or buy some raw crackers and seed cheese with veggies for a sandwich.

Tinyflower, no one is going to give you permission to be raw. It's nice to have support from others but we're not all that lucky. I take that back - we ARE all that lucky because we have each other here.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:39PM

BTW, according to my friend the AMA criteria for diabetes has changed in recent years. What used to be normal they're now calling diabetic. According to his doctor, the AMA is doing this to support the drug companies so they can prescribe more meds for those who used to be called normal. Nice, eh?

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 16, 2008 08:56PM

Hi Tinyflower

I am diabetic (type 1)

I am really new to raw and still having my struggles smiling smiley, but I feel much better with this way of eating than with all the starchy carbs that get "recommended". Before I was eating platefuls of brown rice/rye bread/oats, just like I was told to, and I had quite good control but I was using SO much insulin and getting quite upredictable readings.

I would say that, now I'm used to the raw foods I tend to eat and I know how much insulin they need, my control has improved and I am using a lot less insulin.

If you like raw, hang on in there. I think it can only affect your diabetes for the better, particularly if you are type 2.

claire

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: March 17, 2008 02:01AM

I'm not suggesting that anyone "needs" a physician, mentor or institution to get themselves well, But for the sake of reference material on the success of a raw food diet at allowing the body to heal from diabetes I would thoroughly recommend you read the information from the tree of life [www.treeoflife.nu]

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 17, 2008 05:58AM

Thanks for that link

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables