Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My One Arm Chin up Challenge
Date: June 01, 2006 10:21PM

Alright the challenge is on I'm gonna learn how to do a one arm pull up in 90 days!!!!

I've always wanted to do this so here I go...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My One Arm Chin up Challenge
Date: June 02, 2006 12:13PM

This was all after my workout just for fun.

Assisted One Hand Chin ups with hand on bicep

Right arm 5,5, reps:

Left arm 3,2 reps.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 02, 2006 01:16PM

Hey Fruitarian,

You definately want to invest in this video or book. It will help you significantly to get in shape with just body weight.

Here's the link. Also, Pavel is a master teacher. I've been using his kettlebells for awhile and they are monsters.

[www.dragondoor.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 02, 2006 01:46PM

Thanks for the link Marcos -- I am a firm believer in body weight only exercises (isometrics right?). I always think ne armed chin ups would be great, but I have a hard time not hanging sideways like a monkey when I hold on with only one arm!

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: brome ()
Date: June 02, 2006 11:16PM

Here's a link to the Supertopo climbing forum for information on high strength to weight ratio feats:

[www.supertopo.com]

Fruitarian One, if you haven't tried climbing already, you might like to try some bouldering at Hueco Tanks in Texas, do your pullups by climbing rocks:

[www.climbingsource.com]

For climbing do fingertip pullups, and work on hanging for as long as possible. Door frames are a good start.

Date: June 02, 2006 11:50PM

That's interesting Brome...Thankyou.

Date: June 04, 2006 06:49PM

Hey cfd7f,

You know who has a top, shape body that only does free weights. It's a guy named Marc Goldman, who cured himself from MS through raw foods.

Check out the pictures of him on his website. He uses no weights at all to keep in shape.

[rawpower.info]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 04, 2006 09:33PM

Here's my first stage video's of each arm, it's not pretty but I've gotta start somewhere.

I'm just gonna throw myself in at the deep end and practise with my hand on my bicep.

Right arm
[www.youtube.com]

Left arm
[www.youtube.com]

It can only get better.

Date: June 05, 2006 02:14PM

Marcos,

Thanks for the link. He has a great story. And is prtety darn fit too. Makes me want to go hiking (too bad I am in my windowless office in New York City).

Cheers,

Date: June 05, 2006 02:48PM

You go RawDaddy,

That rawks. Just make an investment in Pavels dvd and you'll be crunching out doing those one armed pullups in no time with no assist. Keep it up guy, it inspires me to do more myself. Of course, after I get off of the rebounder I'm totally wiped. JB Berns has really created some awesome dvd's and they totally kick my butt.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 12, 2006 12:52AM

Hey Raw Daddy,

Here's another link I found and this guy friggin rawks! Not sure if you've heard of him before. I saw an ad of his in Mother Jones New Magazine and his name sounded familiar. I think another raw foodist had recommended him to me and I simply forgot.

Anyway, this guy has a physique that most people would beg for and he got it all without weights.

Check out his website.

[www.mattfurey.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 12, 2006 02:31PM

Marcos,

Wow, that guy is ripped! I am much less bulky than that (I look more like your typical runner/swimmer). However, I like that he got that way without weights. I can't help but feel like that is a good thing, especially as my joints start reminding me that I am not 18 (or even 28) anymore.

Cheers.

Date: June 12, 2006 05:32PM

Raw Daddy,

Yes, I was totally stoked when I realized he had gotten that way without weights. You guys have all inspired me and I love my kettlebells and clubbells but I'd much rather build my body naturally with no weights at all and I know if Matt Furey can get that kind of body from no weights then so can I. I'm going to order his program this week and probably join his inner circle as well. Too cool. This is my present to me since I'm still celebrating my birthday from last October. Remind me to tell you about that sometime.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 12, 2006 05:41PM

Yeah since going raw I feel that walking and bodywieght stuff feels more natural and pleasing to me and I'm finaly getting the results I want.

Date: June 13, 2006 02:33AM

You're looking pretty buff there fruit guy. LOL. You go dude. Let's show all the meat eaters how it's done.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 13, 2006 03:13PM

Did 2 sets of 5 each arm (assisted)

Date: June 13, 2006 03:20PM

Awesome! We gotta keep this thread going and show everyone how to workout the raw way without weights!

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 13, 2006 03:54PM

For sure!!!

Date: June 14, 2006 01:01PM

Left Arm 5,3 reps

Right Arm 6,4 reps

I'm getting stronger at this.

Date: June 15, 2006 04:00AM

Assisted.

Right Arm 7,7 reps
Left Arm 4,4 reps

I'm getting stronger!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 15, 2006 10:03AM

F. One, what type of video camera do you use?

Thanks,
Narz

smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2006 12:16PM

I use the one built in to my cheap digital camera.

Date: June 16, 2006 11:49PM

bump

Date: June 17, 2006 04:30PM

I'm now where I wanna be!!! grinning smiley

I have had a very strange emotional feeling come over me in the last week, as if my Fruitarian/transition journey has come to an end, almost as if I have finally reached my destination at last.

Over the years it's been my desire to share my transition period with anyone that would listen and in that time I've absorbed much negativity, especially in the beginning, so this is a particuly happy time for me.

Anything else now is a bonus!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables