Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How do *you* handle...
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:31PM

beauuitful beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL poem by mother theresa ( click on link above to see it)

i needed to hear that right now ( i mean.. i needed to read that poem, right now)

thanks so much cy

i was going through this little mental rampage thinking to myself " what difference does it make.... it will all go to naught anyway... ?" i'm dealing with certain things right now... and thinking of how much time and energy to devote etc.

and after i read that poem, i felt SO confirmed and affirmed

what a beautiful poem

i read it only once before years ago

and now i am reading it again

just when i needed it

great message

grreat great great !!!

thanks again cy

its brilliant what she said right there

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:49PM

I feel so fortunate. I have yet to have anyone say anything negative about my increasingly raw diet.

I do, however, have people comment (negatively) on my thinness - but that was happening before the rawness (I dropped 3 sizes last year, in a short amount of time - the result of a lot of Bikram Yoga and a load of stress). My boss calls me 'Skinny Minnie', which bothers me more than it should. He thinks it's a compliment, but I look at it as the flipside of 'Fatty Patty'. smiling smiley Oh well. LOL.

This is my first post here, BTW. Sorry it went off-topic. smiling smiley

Hi all! *waves*

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2008 03:27AM

i hear you loud and clear. i am thin and always have been and total strangers have had zero qualms about walking right up to me in public and commenting on how skinny i am, telling me to eat more, etc etc. it's no less hurtful than telling a heavy person to put the hamburger down and back away. it's a terrible thing to be so disrespected like that.
hasn't happened in years though, i think i project that "don't mess with me" vibe too.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:34AM

I have been both thin and fat and I would much rather be thin. I found it most uncomfortable to have extra flab hanging onto my body in the form of "love handles". Raw foods have helped me rid myself of the flab in a natural and healthy way. Since going all fresh raw the excess weight has just melted away leaving a lean and trim me.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 29, 2008 08:51AM

It's kind of difficult sometimes. I work in a hospital and most people that I work with eat so unhealthy. I get comments every day and usually I handle it with just a slight smile and a "It's good." That being said, just made my first oppositional comment in six months. I drink a fruit smoothie every morning when I get to work, then for lunch a green smoothie. I sat down in the cafeteria for my green smoothie break and a coworker said "that's disgusting" and then continued to say similar comments for a couple of minutes. I evetually turned and said "I'm not asking anyone else to eat it. I sit here day after day surrounded by people eating things that I think are disgusting and I never say a word."

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 29, 2008 01:34PM

Remember:

-You only engage.....positively OR negatively.....what you love. All else, just doesn't occupy thought / activity at all. LOL. Something to remember the next time a friend/family member/co-worker is busting your chops! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 29, 2008 03:50PM

Maui Butterfly,what a wonderful time you had with Mother Teresa ! For me,she was a yogini,definitelly. She meditated every day and had messages from the "Higher Energy". Her light/energy must have been so strong,independently of her size.

La Veronique,I'm glad that you read that poem again.For me too,everytime I read it I feel so confident that in the final analysis is between us and God/The Highest Energy.

Belly Fleur,coco,EZ,Gorillawar,we are beautiful for who we are.We are what we are.
I'm getting to accepting myself for who I am,and that is such a good feeling,hard though.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables