Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

anyone eat chocolate today?
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:38AM

i could not resist the temptation of chocolate.
my sad eating gf bought me a yummy chocolate bunny.

anyone else????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anyone eat chocolate today?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 24, 2008 03:24AM

I try to keep raw cacao on hand for when the temptation gets nasty... then sprinkle it over a bowl of VERY sweet smoothie and eat with a spoon!

Chocolate bunnies? So, if you got one without any milk, would that still be vegan? Did you bite off the ears first? (As a child, I used to save the candy eyes for last.) tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 24, 2008 05:01AM

Mine had chocolate eyes,
I remeber the ones you speak of though.

I seriously doubt this one was milk free.
But it was a yummy bunny.

My bad!!

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 24, 2008 06:52AM

I ordered some raw chocolate to take to my parents' with me. So when everyone else was guzzling their eggs I could have something and not feel deprived.

Have to say, everyone really liked the raw chocolate which I was surprised about.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:47AM

hey mister doc mrdc

i didn't eat chocolate today

but i will admit that when i was a wee lil kid i still remember eating a YELLOW marshmallow easter bunny and biting off the ears first jeeperszz i forgot all about that... heh heh..

oh yeah, i did other crazy stuff too like put strawberry syrup over the fake plastic grass and pretend i was a bunny and start chewing on the grass

i'm not sure how that girl and me could be the SAME person( but then again....smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2008 08:48AM

now i just chew on EDIBLE grassy stuff

like.... well... dandelions ( okay.. that's not grass but still...)

its an improvement

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:05PM

I made a chocolate banana pie for Easter from The Raw Food Gourmet. It went over well with my SAD relatives and I found it far more tempting than the little wrapped Palmer Easter chocolates. Now I have the rest of the pie in my fridge. Maybe dinner tonight?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:33PM

I never had a sweet tooth.
Now if the Easter Bunny had put some pizza in my basket that would be an entirely different matter....smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2008 09:07PM

guess i'm the only one

oh well

only 95% this week!!!

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:35PM

Haha, I'd have loved a chocolate-free Easter but I was given a tonne of chocolate! All vegan (of course), but arghhhh, too much! 3 eggs, a bag of truffles and 4 massive bars of VERY dark chocolate.

I'm kind of surprised I got any. Everyone who got me some knows that I'm raw!

Next year I'll have to remember to have "NO CHOCOLATE! I'M RAW!" tatooed on my forehead, LOL!!!

Date: March 25, 2008 07:52AM

either that rawnoggin

or tell them to MAKE you some RAW chocolate

yummmmm mmmmmeeeeee

i don' tknow why they gave you such a heap of chocolate either

maybe some wry sense of humor

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:17AM

hahaha! I can only imagine one person I know going out their way to buy me raw chocolate from the health food store! Everyone else would just pretend they forgot and buy the same old stuff for convenience!

I secretly wondered if people getting me non-raw holiday food was a (subconscious) way of them hanging onto a side of me I'm phasing out. Kind of like when we all first go vegan and there will always be someone giving you non-vegan products that they think you absolutely NEED- when you don't need them at all :-)

"You don't want any commercial chocolate at easter/xmas/valentines day? You MUST be lying to yourself! Quick someone, get the straitjacket!"

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 25, 2008 12:28PM

right. someone said to me in reference to jellybeans this year "you're not going to eat any? but its EASTER!!!" (look of shock/dismay/horror). i grabbed the bag out of her hand and read the ingredients: "sugar, high fructose corn syrup, starch, lecithin, wax, artificial flavors, artificial colors... i'd kill and eat the Easter Bunny before I ate that. but he's a fast little devil and i can't catch him."

sorry, i know. this is a raw VEGAN forum.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:31PM

No, my sister made agave chocolate (of course vegan is the only thing I would consider eating) cupcakes but I declined. Woot! My skin thanks me; cooked food isn't good for it.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:04PM

I was totally out of the Easter loop (long, long stories), but I had some awful temptations for Christmas. Every year, my dad used to get me a bag of cheddar jalapeno pretzels and I loved them to death. He came to visit me this year for Christmas, got me the book "Skinny Bitch" (and he knew it was blatantly vegan), but still brought the cheddar pretzels, anyway. I appreciate the thought. My roommate and my boyfriend loved them. I guess a lot of people feel some kind of denial if you're suddenly "out of the tradition," and they still want to make you feel welcomed, etc. Even if you are totally welcome and present at whatever tradition, anyway, symbols can be very strong. Part of learning to live raw is learning to see through the symbols... but a lot of people still attach a lot of weight to them.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 27, 2008 12:04AM

It's hard breaking with tradition. Especially between father and daughter. I'm sure the break in your tradition was hard for both of you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables