Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Easter din-din
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: March 24, 2008 03:47AM

Soooo...what did everyone make for the Easter feast?

I made a WICKED salad that is now my new favorite: kale, cilantro, parsley, sprouts, tomato, and mushrooms, with a dressing of miso, garlic, ginger, dates, lemon juice, and cayenne and topped with edible flowers. Sounds complex, but was actually very simple and grounding, and SO delicious. For dessert, I served Ani Phyo's carrot cake (but formed into cupcakes so I could freeze whatever didn't get eaten in individual portions) along with fresh pineapple. I was so pleased, because I managed to impress my SAD-eating relatives with my raw feast; they raved about the salad in particular! Not an easy feat, as I'm sure you all know winking smiley.

Anyway, I'd say it was my most successful and satisfying holiday meal to date: my relatives enjoyed the food, both taste- and appearance-wise; and no one poked fun at my lifestyle - in fact, they were all quite curious! - and I didn't end up feeling deprived food-wise nor socially.

I hope your Easter went as well as mine!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easter din-din
Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 24, 2008 03:59AM

I made Ani Phyo's Save-the-Salmon patties with hollandaise sauce and a chocolate banana pie from The Raw Food Gourmet for desert. Both went over well with the mixed SAD/veg*an crowd. I encouraged everyone to take a bed of greens for under their patties, and no one commented about the fact that my bed of greens was most of my meal. Good dinner!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:50AM

geez so i guess the take home message is that anything made by ani phyo's recipe is sure to be a winner! LOL ( coolsmiling smiley

think i saw one of her videos on youtube... not sure if it was her... i think it was... maybe i'll check them out again

sounds fun

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 24, 2008 10:15AM

I have Ani Phyo's book, I like it. I don't make stuff from it too often because of all the nuts, but there are nice recipes.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 24, 2008 11:58AM

Avocados...and later canteloupe! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables