Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian One's "Hardcore" Bodybuilding Forum Experiment
Date: June 03, 2006 03:15PM

I'm really not the type to go looking for debates but I wanted to try an experiment to see what would happen if I posted my achievements on the most notoriously critical "meathead" bodybuilding forum I could find.

The forum is called TESTOSTERONE NATION....I think that says it all, having said that , if I ate meat I think I would love this forum. This forum can be supportive but on the whole the members pretty much like to tear you apart in the rudest way possible.

My intention going into this was not to prove that I was athletically gifted or too promote Fruitarianism as I knew that the achievements I posted were of just me and my buddy having fun messing with some wieghts, I really wanted to just sit and wait to see how long it would take for the real hardcore guys to start tearing into my lifestyle and me as a person. I really wanted to see the worst of what society would throw at a Fruitarian in it's midst.

On this one I intentionally put myself in the "LION'S DEN" and I think I got off pretty lightly too.

Here's what happened.

[www.t-nation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian One's "Hardcore" Bodybuilding Forum Experiment
Date: June 03, 2006 03:18PM

I wasn't surprised at all by the responce I got and it was hard for me to stay detached from it all but as I said I got off prety lightly...

One thing that did surprise me was that to fuel the fire a little bit I posted a couple of body shots of myself and no one batted an eyelid...I was really expecting people to rip into me but no one did!

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 05, 2006 02:43PM

You know, it has been awhile, but I used to post at T-nation -- I always thought it was a great websiote -- vegan or not. You got off pretty lightly in my estimation -- people on every website (well, not this one so much) love to criticize and ridicule raw foodists. And hey, you got lost of compliments too.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 05, 2006 10:39PM

I saw a lot of [well-deserved] compliments, dude. Focus on that. Rock on!

Posted by: monson ()
Date: June 06, 2006 05:13PM

thanks for posting that link here.

i used to read a similar board (more geared towards fighting that body building though) and i was always amazed at how anti-vegan most of the people were. i'm pretty suprised at how mild the responses to your post were.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables