Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Revolution?
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:17PM

Any thoughts on the raw revolution bars?

I know a lot of people don't endorse Organic Raw Bars or Lara bars. I tried the Raw Revolution Spirulina and Cashew today, and it seemed good. I even felt energized shortly after eating it. The ingredients look pretty good too- cashews, dates, agave nectar, almonds, sporulina, sprouted flax seed (all organic).

Just wondering what the general consensus is on these.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Revolution?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:23PM

i think the RR bars are the tastiest of all bars. i keep one in my purse for emergencies or when i am about to cave and eat my daughter's easter candy! i'd say i eat like 1 every two weeks or so. not optimal, but not awful.

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:26PM

In my first days with raw raw food, I ate these bars multiple times a day and felt great...now I feel like they slow down my digestion and I really only eat them now as a last resort.

As my friend and I say..."It's not a Big Mac!"

LOL

Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:54PM

Um, okay, I'll bite. What's the problem with LaraBars?

Date: March 28, 2008 12:19AM

nothing. just dehydrated, probably-not-raw nut based foods with probably-not-raw agave are not AS OPTIMAL as fresh fruits and vegetables and truly raw nuts and seeds.

but red_star is right, it's not a big mac!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:21AM

No, it's not a big mac, but it's the junk food of raw. Really violates the principles and spirit of raw, if you ask me.

Date: March 28, 2008 12:23AM

then don't eat them, sherrif arugula winking smiley

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:42AM

I tried the bars when I was transitioning and first raw. I got headaches from the LaraBars. I'm thinking it's because they aren't organic and I was pretty much 100% organic at that time. It could have been because I was slightly dehydrated, though, as those raw bars don't have a lot of moisture in them.

Now, if we feel like a snack like those in our home we make them ourselves. They taste fresher and better if you can make them on your own. Here's a general guideline for making them:

1 part dates
3 parts nut(s) and/or seed(s)

You can add a dash of salt, some agave, or spices if you like, too. Process it all until a good texture in your food processor.

:-)

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:02PM

I got a couple of boxes of RawRevolution bars when I was first starting raw. I was still thinking in a cooked mindset and was thinking I should have non-perishable handy food for at work or traveling. I never really liked them, though. I kept them around until I had been raw long enough to convince myself of two things. First, fruit can be a lovely meal. Second, you can buy fruit almost anywhere. Once I knew I didn't need them as "emergency food", I just gave them away.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:12PM

If you feel good eating them, by all means eat 'em! Like many others here, I prefer fresh food, but I do eat Lara Bars on occasion, and boy do they hit the spot sometimes! Listen to your body...at the very worst you'll eat a bar and discover that that maybe wasn't what it was craving. Now you know, and you move on! (This is still something I'm working on!) As was said, it's not a freakin' Big Mac!

Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: March 28, 2008 11:48PM

OK. Got it. Thanks. Doesn't quite meets standards. Check. smiling smiley

I'm keeping mine - they're my 'hits the spot' emergency snack those days when I just can't get away from my desk, just GOTTA eat, and don't have a shot at something fresh. Beats the heck out of anything else nearby.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 29, 2008 12:34AM

For some reason any "bar" is like SAD food to me and they're not filling and they make me want to binge eat.(I can 'binge" on raw food just like SAD food)

Posted by: mangoman ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:31PM

They're definitely not raw. My friend Linda wrote to them about it and got an email back saying that they don't claim to be raw. Now that's pretty low, if you ask me. With a name like RAW REVOLUTION, they're coming pretty darn close to claiming it, don't you think? At the very least, the name is deceptive.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:58PM

I tried some Larabars (which do claim to be raw) just to see what the hype was about... and, yup, they were addictive! I sacked the aisle when there was a sale at Whole Foods, ate them for about a week, and just felt yuck. They're definitely not refreshing, say, like a plate of raw fruit is. =) Now I have two in my cabinet that I suppose will hang out for emergencies.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2008 08:38PM

I heard that even "raw" cashews aren't raw, and need to go thru some sort of flash pasteurization at the factory to not have a certain toxin present in them

does anyone know somethin bout that?

Posted by: mangoman ()
Date: April 10, 2008 08:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables