Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kombucha - northeast US
Posted by: EmilyS ()
Date: June 04, 2006 04:35PM

Yay! I finally found a store with Kombucha! Yes, I have had the tea bag tea, but I've been looking for it in bottles for about 2 years now. I even emailed the folks at [gtskombucha.com] 2 years ago wondering if they'd ever ship it to this side of the US. (the answer was 'no and unlikely')

I was just getting some groceries at the local coop ( [harvestcoop.com] ), and I found it by the milk refridgerator.

I like it so much that I think I am going to have to invest in a kombucha-making kit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kombucha - northeast US
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 04, 2006 06:36PM

Ahh, so you finally discovered the mushroom did ya? LOL. The Washington Post did a great article a few months back about a woman that was doing some work in Russia for about six months. The gave her a jar of this weird cloudy mixture. It turned out to be kombucha. She brought it all the way back with her and continued feeding the culture. Unfortunately, she had to travel and left her kombucha behind only to return to it's untimely death. I suspect, by now, she's found out how to make it because, based on the article, she was hooked.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 05, 2006 03:42PM

Emily,

I did a search yesterday and discovered that you can buy kombucha from [happyherbalist.com]. And yes, they have that happy mushroom that they ship all over the U.S. vacuum packed.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: EmilyS ()
Date: June 06, 2006 01:09PM

thanks,
can't wait! I love feeling like a mad scientist in the kitchen smiling smiley

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:48PM

In New York City I know of 2 places that carry bottled raw Kombucha: Westerly Natural on 54th & 8th and the tiny health food store right off the Broadway N train stop in Queens.

In the Hamptons they carry it at Provisions in Sag Harbor.

Please post any other stores you've found it at!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables