Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nasal Irrigation
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 04, 2006 07:10PM

Hey Folks,

Normally, I would post this kind of message under the "other health related" board but I decided to post it here because many of you never browse to that board.

So, here goes nothing. On Friday I had a weird little tickle in my throat. I didn't think anything of it because I never get a tickle there. Anyway, yesterday morning I awoke to a runny, left nostril. I knew someone had contaminated me with their germs. Now, I'm a faithful user of a neti pot that I bought from health and yoga but had taken a sabbatical from using it for the past two weeks. I think I was testing it to see if it was providing any value at washing out my nasal passages. Sure, I knew it was but I wanted to prove it. I haven't had a cold or sniffle in six months. Well, as soon as I discoved that some nasty, germy person had transmitted their sickness to me I pulled out the neti pot. I went to acting class as normal and had to keep excusing myself to run to the bathroom for paper towels. After class, I pulled out the neti pot and rinsed my nostrils, bathing them in the wonderful salt mixture. Five minutes later my nose felt wonderful and seemed to dry up but the germ as still there. Last night, before bed, I performed one more nasal irrigation. This AM I awoke to wonderful, clean, happy nasal passages. No sniffle and no throat tickle. See, bathing my nasal passages completely destroyed the germ that was festering a full blown cold in my system. The reason I bought the neti pot that I did is because it is big and a neti pot should be big enough to complete flush the nasal system. Most small, clay pots are not.

Anyway, believe it or not, I am cold free today. Just wanted to share this with all of you.

Here's a link to the wonderful, neti pot that I bought from health and yoga. [healthandyoga.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nasal Irrigation
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 05, 2006 03:39PM

bump

Re: Nasal Irrigation
Posted by: deeds ()
Date: June 06, 2006 08:09AM

yup

neti pots rock

good for you, rawmark!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables