Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

back pain question
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: April 05, 2008 05:06PM

I have been having this weird problem for the past couple months or so and i wanted to get some opinions ect. from everyone.
So sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 times a week I will wake up and have my back, specifically where my kidneys are in really bad pain, like somebody has punched me in my kidneys or something. I even went to the doctor because I thought I might have a kidney infection but I don't. The pain is only there when I am sleeping or when I am laying down(for long peroids), and it goes away rather promptly when I get up and start moving around. I uasually drink lemon water immediately to help flush my body from anything that has acrued during my sleep. This seems to really help. Then I won't have any discomfort at all for a few days and then I will wake up with it. I find that it hurts more on the weekends when I have time to sleep in.
Does anybody have any ideas of what could be happening? I am starting to feel like there are so many toxins building up in my kidneys and I am not getting rid of them fast enough; or my body is telling me to wake up and get out of bed, but my natural response is to stay in bed if I don't feel good. Oh the dilemas!
Sorry for such the long post; I should also add that I get a lot of exercise cycling everyday to work.
Any feedback would be insightfull! Thanks

Re: back pain question
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 05, 2008 05:11PM

Its hard to know on your evidence. You feel that it is your kidneys and not something structural?
My partner who has a history of back problems gets a really painful back if he stays in bed for too long - like with a fever or something. eight hours is enough for him to be lying down after that he has to get up or his back starts to hurt.
yours sounds a bit more serious than that though.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: April 05, 2008 05:32PM

I feel like the pain starts a little above my sacrum and ends maybe 5 inches bellow my shoulder blades; but spands broadly from left to right, It could be structural, they did an ultrasound all on my back and abdomen and they said everything looked normal. I feel like it is a big mystery.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: April 05, 2008 05:53PM

I used to have that, and it was structural. It wasn't anything specifically wrong with my spine, but it was mild muscle strain caused by my body weight ever so slightly pulling on my spine after long periods in bed.

When sleeping on my back, the strain focused on my lower back, and when sleeping on my side, my body weight torqued my spine so my mid back (at and just above my waist) was most affected.

The two sleeping positions that helped were a) On my side in the foetal position with a pillow between my knees and another to hug, and a bolster supporting my neck; and b) on my stomach with a pillow under my hips.

But what really solved the problem was losing a bit of weight, because for me it was belly weight that was torquing my spine.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2008 06:06PM

I think the problem may be structural from an incorrect sleeping position.
Ones vertabrae must stay in alignment so that muscles along the spine do not tighten up and pull the bones, that they are attached to,out of their correct spinal position.
When the muscles pull the bones out of position then they press on the nerves along the spinal column and give you PAIN....back pain, shoulder pain, headaches.
The only problem is I do not know of a way to sleep in correct spinal alignment.
I know that on ones side really turns the neck incorrectly...
I sleep on my back with a 2 inch roll under my back curve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables