Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

any suggestion on selecting a food processor
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: June 05, 2006 08:25AM

I am considering to buy a food processor. I wish it can blend well to produce fine green smoothie and also can blend nut and date or wheatberries.
I am living in the western Europe. Is there any people here who has found a proper food processor? I will very much appreciate if you can give me some suggestions.

Many thanks in advance,
with blessings,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any suggestion on selecting a food processor
Posted by: EmilyS ()
Date: June 05, 2006 01:32PM

Sounds like you are describing a blender rather than a food processor. The VitaMix can do all of those things. I haven't got one *yet*.

My food processor is great for blending dried fruit and wheatberries, though. It slices and dices like no other. It just is not ideal for making smoothies or nut butter. I have a 12-cup Kitchen Aid food processor, and I love it. I still need a good blender thing, like the Vitamix, however.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 05, 2006 02:40PM

Personally, I recommend the ktec, or blendtec total blender. It's a 3hp power blender that is faster, more powerful and easier to store in a cupboard than a vitamix. The vitamix is only 2 hp and the difference in power does show. The blendtec line is world famous and Starbucks has a commercial model in all of their stores. So, you know that you're getting something that's going to last if starbucks is using it as well.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: June 05, 2006 05:16PM

Hi, EmilyS, thanks for your sharing your experience on the raw kitchen tools.
I will check 12-cup Kitchen Aid and VitaMax at other shops again. I went to the shops 2 times. and never seen the brands you mentioned.

Hi Marcos, thanks for your information! I go to check these brands too.. I wish i could find them in Europe..

With blessing,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables