Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hyperactivity maybe?
Posted by: samhein ()
Date: April 07, 2008 04:30PM

hi, haven't posted for a while.

I don't know if I have a problem with hyperactivity or what. I seem to be restless all the time. At work, I am just go..go..go. I can't even sit down to do the paper work that needs to be done at the end of the day. My job is very active to begin with. I am on my feet most of the day. I work a lot of second shifts and when I get home I am awake for hours yet, even though I am very tired physically.

I've tried reading, meditating, listening to soft piano music (my favorite). Still I find it hard to get a decent nights sleep and wake up still very tired.

When I have a day off I feel like I still have to be running all day long or doing something. Though I find that I can sit at my pc for hours and read acticles, or just plain play games on it.

I have been eating raw for some time now. Yes, I have more energy but not any nearer to being able to settle down for a while. Have also been getting more headaches lately. My mind always seems to be going on about things..........
Any input please?
Debbie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hyperactivity maybe?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 07, 2008 04:36PM

Yes. Eating well CAN facilitate a 'detox' that dumps 'excito-toxins' back into the blood...and CAN create restlessness.

-Anyway....restless-ness is either caused by physical symptomology or racing thoughts/emotions. An improvement in diet will help either way...in the long run. In the short run...you just accept the symptomology of detox. Additionally, avoiding chemicals, drugs, stimulants or depressents (internal and external) will also help.

-On the practical side: Get plenty of good exercise when you get home...so that you are tired...and get a good early rest. Additionally, morning and evening meditation (of whatever kind you prefer) can be helpful for OBSERVING and ACCEPTING racing thoughts.

-Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 07, 2008 05:24PM

You can try to balance your mineral intake and with the right ratio of calcium to magnesium, sodium to potassium you should be relaxed and calm especially when you are ready for bed. Try checking out Sapoty's website..he's a raw fooder with a visual aid to help balance mineral intake with raw foods.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: April 07, 2008 07:10PM

What are you eating? I find that when I eat mostly fruit I get very anxious and restless, and I don't sleep as well at night. Try eating more "grounding" foods, things like greens, root veggies, fats, and maybe sprouted grains if you're into them.

Posted by: samhein ()
Date: April 07, 2008 09:28PM

ok I have read all said.
I may need to clarify a bit though.
Yes, it is a very emotional time for me right now, so yes, I am having trouble meditating like I am used to doing. It used to be very restful for me. I have been into trancendental meditation for over 35 years.
Plus it was recommended that I exercise when I get home from work. My hours are typically 3-11. I get home about 11:30 at night and live in one room. I live with my daughter and her family, so the noise is at a minimum at that time of night. Plus no room.
I am also walking, lifting stacks of totes, and packing out products all through my shift at work. I get more exercise there than I did when I used to go to the gym. Had back surgery 2 years ago, that has limited some of the movement I can do now.
This is what I normally eat: I usually have tea in the morning (around ten),. I am not a breakfast eater. I have some seeded fruit later on usually before I leave for work. Then I take a homemade veggie puree (made in my bullet) of all kinds of greens, to work with me and eat that throughout the night when I have a minute or two. I have also been very restless most of my life. I have been a vegetarian for many years and finally went raw. I take no kinds of drugs or scripts. I don't even have a doctor. Hardly ever needed one except when the disc in my back blew.
ok. seems like I am rambling on now. Another restless feature sorry to say.
So maybe my reslessness might be more emotional than physical? Enough years of constantly "running" so to speak. Need to find a way to learn to settle down a little. Sorry for the length of this...........

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 07, 2008 11:42PM

jeez. I can feel the energy through the words you write. thats strange

Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 08, 2008 12:29AM

I am also really hyper lately. I thought it might be because I am getting such sound sleep now, and also waking much earlier, and a few times throughout the night. I feel well rested in the middle of the night like I could just get up and stay awake until sunrise. I feel this is a plus, though. I have lots of energy, especially in the morning and until about 3 pm. Then I just want a nap. But I can't until I get home at 5pm. I have been eating nuts or avocados at 3 and it helps a little.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2008 03:24PM

Hi everyone,
If all who read this post could say a prayer for Debbie to find some peace and rest,and some feeling of hope from this tough time we are going trough,I would really appreciate it.
This woman means everything to me.
Thank you.
Brian

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 09, 2008 11:39PM

Sending Metta at ya all --

[www.google.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2008 11:57PM

Thanks Lee,
She needs as much love as I,or we,can give her.
Alot of healing is happening now.
I will not give up on her.
All she ever wanted was a quiet,loving life with me.
That is in the process of becoming a reality.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 12:00AM by Raw1228.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables