Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cucumbers for acne.
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:07AM

I'm trying to help my daughter clear up her acne. She had the most beautiful skin but her hormones became unbalanced after quitting birth control pills. The doctor prescribed her oral contraceptives to, supposedly, "regulate" her cycle and when her prescription of Yasmin ran out, all hell broke loose with her hair and skin.

I read many testimonials from others who cleared up their skin by juicing carrots. For whatever reason, carrots did not improve my daughter's skin at all. Lately, we've been juicing and eating a lot of cucumbers. This seems to be helping my daughter with her skin better than the carrots ever did. I don't have a clue why cucumbers help. Maybe it's the silica.

In any case, I just wanted to let others know that if carrot juice doesn't help them clear up their skin, maybe cucumbers will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cucumbers for acne.
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:14AM

I doubt there is that much difference between the effect of cucumber and carrot juice on hormonal acne. I think that what is more likely is the elasped time since the hormonal disruption, i.e. it has been longer since she stopped taking her pill and her skin is getting back to its pre-pill condition.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:32AM

I read that cucumber juice was good for skin; I like cucumber (predominant), carrot, tomato, and celery juice.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 14, 2008 10:57AM

Why are people always shown with cucumber slices on their eyes? is it supposed to help the skin around the eye or just moisturize it?

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:47PM

i think b/c cucumbers have a cooling effect on the eyes which reduce puffiness

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 14, 2008 03:44PM

I have tried cucumber on the eyes and it feels so cooling and refreshing. Try it you may like it too.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 14, 2008 08:30PM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt there is that much difference between the
> effect of cucumber and carrot juice on hormonal
> acne. I think that what is more likely is the
> elasped time since the hormonal disruption, i.e.
> it has been longer since she stopped taking her
> pill and her skin is getting back to its pre-pill
> condition.

I thought all acne cases were hormonal? I hope it is a sign that her body is getting back to normal but I think we'll keep juicing cucumbers just in case.

Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: April 14, 2008 10:24PM

Cucumbers are considered diuretic as well as blood purifying. That might actually have an effect on her skin - she's flushing her kidneys, aiding her detox.

Cucumbers on the eyes theoretically reduce eye puffiness because of the diuretic effect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables