Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Breath.
Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:27PM

So the problem here is that I get bad breath at night, after not eating anything for a few hours. Brushing my teeth and tongue very well don't help too much. I'm thinking perhaps I have a candida problem? I am trying to cut back on fats and sugar as an experimental way to fix it.
Anyways, I'm wondering if there's anything that will help.

Can I consume mint leaves on their own? Would that help? Is there any type of raw gum I could find in a health food store? (wishful thinking).

And I'm also wondering if there are certain vegetables to avoid. I mostly have carrots, greens, cucumber, celery, onions, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini. Maybe the onions.

Would you suggest I cut back on sugar & fat, cut out onions for a bit, do both at once, or try another method?

Re: Breath.
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:42PM

I would avoid gum....and if you are going to chew mint leaves or something....I would do it soon after your last meal...but well before bed. Your objective should be to clean the nooks and crannys of your teeth/mouth as well as reasonable possible. Wash your mouth frequently in pure water. I would personally avoid very pulpy, stringy foods before bed.....that might embed themselves in the teeth. Avoiding large amounts of fats, oils, sugars and processed foods is also helpful.

-If you are VERY concerned, simple eating, and juice fasting should clear up the problem.

-These are just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: April 14, 2008 03:09PM

do you floss? Flossing is important : ) I don't do it enough and my teeth suffer when I don't. Flossing gets rid of food that can gather and get stinky.

--------------------------------------------------

[www.azurastorch.blogspot.com]

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: April 14, 2008 03:31PM

A short term resolution might be eating or drinking something with a fare amount of chlorophyll in it.
Just chewing or rinsing with something isn't going to help if the smell is coming up from deeper than your mouth though. You'd have to swallow if that's the case.

But bare in mind, bad breath can be a symptom of a lot more than what you just ate.

A long term resolution might come from consulting an acupuncturist trained in herbalism? (Because they would have training oriented to dietary therapeutics.)
Or a nutritionist who has access to medical testing?

In both cases, if what's going wrong for you is beyond their scope of practice, they'd refer you to consult an MD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2008 03:37PM by hyldemoer.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 14, 2008 11:02PM

I like to chew parsley for kissable sweet breath.

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 15, 2008 03:10AM

Hmm.
Do you think probiotics would help?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables