Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DOES RAW SUIT EVERYONE?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2006 03:18AM

Hi! I am very keen on going more and more raw and totally agree with the theory and principals of it BUT could there be some body types that don't suit it? I ask this because in the past and currently after a few weeks of being more raw I suffer from thrush (especially from fruit) and get an inflamed burning ovary from lack of colon illimination. I have found in the past that following an auvedic diet (vata - warm cooked foods) suits me well. Any thoughts or experiences??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DOES RAW SUIT EVERYONE?
Posted by: reuben ()
Date: June 07, 2006 03:49AM

my opinion is that thoeretically, or if all soils were perfect, 100% raw is the perfect diet for everyone, but our world is anything but perfect.
I believe that going all raw isn't going to cause perfect health if the food consumed is grown in the way most growers grow it. and the organic/conventional methods are only a tiny part of the issue, a very large share of organic growers arn't getting it right either. but at least they don't use all the deadly chemical poisens.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 07, 2006 03:54AM

Hard to say if raw suits "everyone", because no one is "everyone". So personally, I keep an open mind about it.

But here's a couple of suggestions. "going more and more raw" sounds like a gradual transition, and that may be just what you need.

Also, be careful of conventionally grown foods, i.e., grown with chemicals. Especially nuts and seeds should always be organic in my opinion. I suffered some really wrenching pain in my gut (I couldn't even stand up) after a couple of days of eating conventionally grown walnuts that I purchased at a fruit stand. As soon as I switched to organic walnuts, the pain went away. Some months later the same thing (but not as severe) happened after eating sunflower seeds. I checked with the store, and they looked up their inventory and found they had ordered the conventional seeds by mistake!

I don't know if my pain was the same as yours, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it.

Good luck!

Date: June 07, 2006 04:24AM

If you find you have too hard a time staying all raw, it would be good to try to stay Vegan - for the humanitarian reason.

We all die some time, so we might as well live our lives with compassion. For information about the dairy industry (if you're interested), check the Vegan Society website.

-Ally

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:40AM

Here's the deal:

-Some people's bodies may have become more accustomed to cooked foods than others. But ALL cooked foods come from natural raw foods originally anyway. When a person heats their food - they damage the quality of the protien and nutrients.

-Therefore, raw food eaters just cut out the middle-man....and don't settle for second best. Cooked fooders are eating the same stuff anyway.....only worse quality.

-David Mason

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 01:32PM

I don't know about every one else, but in my opinion, our bodies will appreciate the better neutrient access of a raw diet more than that of a SAD diet. As most agree, cooked food is an addiction. You will go through a "withdrawl" period when you give up what your body is used to. As your body realizes that it is actually getting what it NEEDS from a raw diet, adaptation begins, so does healing. I think that would be true for anyone.

Posted by: rawallison ()
Date: June 08, 2006 10:12PM

I don't believe there is one way for every individual, nor do we all experience raw in the same way. For some of us the effects are all positive, for others they are more challenging. Still others find they cannot eat a mostly-raw diet for whatever reason. The advice people give about transitioning slowly is very good advice, I believe. That way, you can discover over time which foods you prefer, and you don't "shock" yourself by moving suddenly to a new way of eating (although personally, I went "cold turkey"!) I've been raw since January and I'm learning new things and trying new foods all the time as I continue to tweak my diet to fit my health and lifestyle. It's an adventure!

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 09, 2006 06:55PM

YES.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: June 11, 2006 06:00PM

According to Gabriel Cousens (famous athour of several books) it's no problem with Ayur-Vata people to eat all 100% raw. There is "beginners" help in his book Concous Eating and with time your instinct will arise and you will choose for yourself what kind of food you will prefer. My beloved began eating 100% Raw 5 years ago and is, as you, a PURE Vata, with loving and happy life. And now she's pregnant (WITH A 100% RAW CHILD, AND IT'S MINE! YEEAAYY!

Trust in your body and KEEP YOUR FOOD CLEAN. =)

Ps. I will post pictures on big bellies and children next year Ds.

www.levandefoda.se

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 11, 2006 06:57PM

A complete raw foods diet doesn't suit everyone as there have been people who have tried it and then decided it wasn't for them.

There are others who heard of it but didn't even try it, because of cultural biases or personal preferences that prevented them from having an experience of a all raw foods diet.

As for body types or genetic influences that can prevent a person from thriving on an all raw diet, no, this does not exist. What does prevent people from thriving are the following considerations:

*Personal preferences - these are mostly psychological reasons
*Cultural biases - these are sociological reasons
*Adaptations to cooked foods - this can be mistaken for body type or genetic causes. People adapt to cooked foods as soon as they are weaned, and the body's digestive system has changed to deal with highly concentrated foods. When a body that has these adaptations is exposed to less concentrated raw foods, there is some adjustment period necessary for the body to be able to absorb nutrients from less concentrated foods, foods with a higher water content.
*Poor rawfood choices - the transitional raw food diet is high in fat (60% or higher) and often is accompanied with food items that are slightly toxic - concentrated superfoods, spices and condiments, fermented stuff. Over time, these foods take their toll on the body
*Difficulty in adapting to a less dense body - as one eats more raw foods, the body becomes less dense. Also, the raw foods take much less energy to digest than cooked foods. Because of both of these issues, at some point the raw foodist is potentially faced with experiencing and dealing with emotions that the previous diet and body could suppress and not experience. Many of the emotions were put into the body and never fully experience or released.

A spiritual perspective on the question....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 11, 2006 08:43PM

This is just my perception. You're free to feel resonant with it or not. Perhaps an overview of what is happening on the planet now is that all cells, molecules, atoms etc are being invited, if they wish, to be lifted up in vibration level. That would mean, the invitation to become less dense, to vibrate at a higher level - to refine, be lifted up. This is certainly my experience.

If this is the case, then one might ask oneself, what is the next step - natural, next and near, in the process of my cells being drawn up, up, up.

For person A, it may be moving from red meat to chicken. For person B - the next step may be going vegan and doing Pilates. For me, this year, it was going from fruit to Rainbow Green. Fruit may even have a higher vibration than veggies and nuts, but it was not the accurate next step up for this sack of skin and bones.

So, all I feel anyone can do is to be genuinely open to hearing the internal command of "next, next, next, now, now, now" and obeying.

With love,

Piano Gal

It's so dicey to look at external world and and think we have the ability to judge where it is. We don't know what is next "up" for anyone else. What's up for one may be down for another.

Date: June 12, 2006 03:55AM

I like that, Piano Gal.

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: June 12, 2006 12:46PM

That sounds very Byron Katie-ish, Piano Gal. I love that way of thinking. In my experience,I can't know ultmiately what food would be best for me or someone else so I just follow the voice inside. It's a journey.

Who is Byron katie?
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:41PM

Love,

PG

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:04PM

She is a spiritual author and lecturer from Barstow, CA.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 12, 2006 11:16PM

In my opinion raw suits only those who are interested in/inclined towards this. I think that readiness to transitioning is a prerequisite. Mental component is crucial. Attitue matters.

Gosia
(http://www.rawgosia.com)

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:54AM

Yeh! I liked that too, Piano Gal!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables