Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apple Fast
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 07, 2006 09:20AM

I currently eat around 50% Raw, the only problem with this that I have found is if I eat my raw and cooked too close together it produces excess acid. I am currently on my 3rd day of an apple fast and it feels great.
Afer this fast/cleanse I want to increase to more like 75% Raw (eventually going up to the 90's or 100% hopefully).
I decided that I would begin by eating just one of my meals cooked per day. Has anyone had experience doing this? Any ideas what time of day my cooked meal should be? I presume fruits should be avoided at the time of eating cooked food.
What are the opinions/experiences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apple Fast
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:38AM

I also ate one cooked meal a day for a long time. I did it for dinner, but my intuitive sense says that it might be better to do that around lunch-time.....or whenever you are most active and awake.

-David Mason

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 03:00PM

I tried the one cooked meal thing, but it didn't work for me. I've only been eating clean for about 2-4 weeks, but I ended up just going all raw within a 72 hour period. I hated the bloaty,upset stomach I'd get from cooked foods. I know what you mean about the excess gas! ! !

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:21PM

Best wishes Jadedshade in your transition.

I agree with David Mason's advice, but I also want to say to Luna, "WAY TO GO!!"

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:55PM

why! thank you! !LOLOL! !

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 08, 2006 08:06AM

Thanks for the opinions, I guess I will just do trial and error with it. I still have quite a bit of vegetarian food in the freezer, I will try lunch time first, take some stuff to work with me.
Doing my apple fast for the past 3 days has really helped me clear my head and has made me fell much better. It really proves physically that Raw is the way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables