Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Vs. Energizing Paradigm
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 07, 2006 05:46PM

Opinion:

-I think it is a good idea to think of foods more in the inherent energizigng quality of a single food.....vs how raw it is. It is fairly simple to determine this.

-In other words.....if I were to eat THIS food alone.....how long would I feel energized.....how appetizing would it be........and how long could I go just eating this food? How appealing would this ONE food be - if that's all I ate all day? The answers are surprising.

-I think some foods are going to rate very highly. Things like watermelon being very satisfying to eat for long (or short) periods. Whereas the idea of eating nothing but garlic....or salt....or olive oil............our body and minds inherently reject that idea / food..........and only by confusing the issue by mixing the lower quality food item with higher quality food items.......only by this process can we get the body to accept it.

-I think it is a good idea for each individual to come to a firm understanding that some foods are just going to be inherntly better for THEM - and to start a conscious choosing process......of choosing to eat those higher quality foods.

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vs. Energizing Paradigm
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2006 06:25PM

Hmm, I don't find the idea of only one item all day either appetizing or natural. Primative people as well as our primate ansectors generally eat over a hundred different varieties of wild plants in a given week.

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:45PM

Grrrroovin idea! We're surprised by how much we know!!

:~) Adrienne

Date: June 07, 2006 10:57PM

Ha! ha! I'm certainly not advocating eating 1 food all day (although I sometimes do it). I'm suggesting that if you wish to know how energetic a food is.......simply do that experiment in your mind. Imagine eating nothing but THAT food for one meal.....or all day.....or all week.

-If it's appealing in your mind - then it's a high-energy raw food.

-David Mason

Posted by: Planta ()
Date: June 08, 2006 02:39AM

Ever since I first read this idea I've been thinking a lot about it. My musings so far:
- I think it is a good criterium for choosing staples - stuff that is the basis of the diet
- however, I don't exactly understand why we should limit certain foods just because we can only enjoy them in small amounts. Certain spices that have to be mixed in food to be enjoyed are questionable, but there are lots of other things that are nice only in small amounts. For example, if you walk in the forest you can be atracted by wonderful smells and try a bit of a leaf, or berry, etc. Maybe the taste is pleasant, so you eat a few mouthfuls, but then it isn't so good anymore so you stop.
- I used to be crazy about medicinal plants, then I gave them up because I thought we shouldn't need them in the first place, and I think I am rediscovering them now with new eyes. Maybe we are meant to live in a very diverse environment, surrounded by hundreds of species of plants that we can use in different amounts - from 1 gram to several kilos. Maybe a mouthful of mint or any other herb is very meaningful for our body when our body finds it very atractive - not when we read somewhere about it and decide to use it in recipe X.
- so, I partly agree with the "mono" principle in the sense that we should decide about a food item when it isn't mixed or modified in any way, but I don't agree with the quantity criterium because I think small amounts should be allowed too.

Date: June 08, 2006 10:36AM

-I agree that it is a slight shift in paradigm. The idea that the human body is not a sinking ship that needs constant plugging with a wide variety of temporary fixes.

-But more so than that.....I'm looking to provide a method whereby a person can get answers from their intuitive self......believe them....and not ignore them.......about what are the high-quality foods that are right for them.....and then eat more of those.

-I'm talking about an identification process......NOT simply eating one thing (although I truly don't think that's a bad idea)! LOL.

-With respect,

-David Mason

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:31PM

As mentioned in anoter post I just did an apple fast, I ate nothing but organic apples for 3 days and drank only purified water.
The apple is considered an energy giving food (as are most fruits), I functioned fine, but I was longing for something more, even a banana or a pear, especially the second day. <br><br>
On the third day I felt the clearest and lightest (if that makes sense), but I also didn't feel as energetic that day, I went to sleep faily early.
I wonder what eating something like carrots would be like for the whole day.

Date: June 08, 2006 04:05PM

I think the idea is great for furthering one's energy, sustenance, feeling out how one would feel eating something all day...one might add other "tests", like how would I feel eating this in an emergency moment (if I could only eat this one thing before running a huge distance), how would I feel eating this one thing for inspiration as if I were looking for a psychedelic inspirational trip, or if I was going into a stressful people-filled situation, or if I was wanting to HEAL in a huge way...

great food for thought, D~Z~M!! Yumm...which food provides the most food for thought...off the top of my head, oh shoot I forget what it's called...

;~)

Interesting too how one's answer to each question might differ depending on one's environment, how one is feeling, how hungry one is, etc....

Date: June 08, 2006 04:11PM

...or what food would I most want to share with a lover,
or what would I want my baby most to taste,
or what would I most want to write a book (or just article) about,
which would I most want to paint,
to take credit for inventing (!!LOL)
to put in a time capsule to be opened in a thousand years,
to trust will still exist when nothing else does,
which would I most want to have memories about,
which would I miss the most if I were to turn into an anteater,
which would be the best gift to a bunch of hungry people,
which fills me with the most love for life...

hey, we should do a questionnaire, here!! :~D A

Date: June 08, 2006 04:14PM

..which would I least want to share, if I had to...
which would I most want to share...

Date: June 08, 2006 05:36PM

Great ideas! I love it!

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables