Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

organic variety?
Posted by: monson ()
Date: June 09, 2006 04:05AM

does anyone else have trouble finding a variety of organic produce?
i feel like i eat the same few things every single day. it seems like the only items i can find on a regular basis are bananas, apples, kiwi, celery, and a variety of greens (in addition to citrus, but i don't eat citrus).

for some reason i find it really, really hard to eat raw produce that isn't organic (but when i eat cooked food, it isn't as big of a deal).

are you able to find just about everything organic, or do you get what you can get, and settle for conventional produce when there isn't an organic option?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: organic variety?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 09, 2006 10:52AM

Opinion:

Organic vs. Inorganic should not be a factor that stops a person from the primary goal of eating a higher percentage of raw.

-I have been all raw for many years - and very rarely eaten organic produce. I have experienced many benefits - and I think you will to.

-Just my experience.

-David Mason

Posted by: jan ()
Date: June 09, 2006 12:01PM

Hi Dave,

What precautions do you take when eating non organic? SUch as soaking the fruit or veges to remove any pesticides.Are there certain thing that you just won't eat that are non organic? We receive plenty of produce from Chile here in Miami.Anyway, It must be working, You look great!
Thanks Jan

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 09, 2006 06:40PM

Jan:

-I understand what you mean. Of course, I rinse produce thoroughly. Are you already high percentage raw? If so, I think it's great that you are looking for ways to refine your diet....if not....I think just increasing your percentage can be the priority.

-There ARE lists available that detail those fruits / vegetables that are the most heavily sprayed.

-There are probably a lot of things I don't eat because the over-all package is not appealing to me......but nothing specificially because it is not 'organic'.

-My basic opinion is that eating organic should be a refinement and dietary improvement.....not a socio-economic requirement for eating healthy! smiling smiley Don't want any poor people talked out of eating fresh produce! Ha! ha!

-Know what I mean?

-And Hey! I grew up in North Miami - where the Dolphins Stadium is now!
Of course, now I'm building a farm in Central Florida!

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables