Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My Skin is Breaking Out!
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 09, 2006 06:34PM

Hi everyone, I really need some advice.

My first month of raw my skin was clear and glowing. Now that I'm starting my second month I'm breaking out really bad. I'm wondering if I should fast for a few days to speed up the detox process. What do you all think I should do? Should I just stay Raw and wait it out....or should I fast on juice or water for 3-7 days? Would fasting help my skin clear up? Thanks for your help!

Jen Rose

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Skin is Breaking Out!
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: June 09, 2006 07:46PM

Hi Jen Rose,

Yes, it is detoxificatoin. The skin is the last organ to be cleaned up. I did an extended juice fasting for 50 days. My skin breaked out too. My eyes looked awlful. Now my skin become smoother and smoother. I put myself in another fast now because i still have a bit thing to fixed. This time, I am feeling a lot of energy still undergoing the deep healing. The spine of my low back is in healing. After this is fixed, I will end the fast.

You need to understand that during the fasting, you will experience your old sickness. Do you feel fear, it is just that your body is reversing before reaching the optimal health.

I suggest juice fasting. It is safer,and many juice are very cleaning and healing to the body.

Wish you well,

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 10, 2006 12:01AM

Also, starting a regular colon cleansing program is right for this time. I posted another message on a thread above this one with links to the optimal health network, Dr. Natura, and Health and Yoga. You can stimulate detox but there is a lot of nasty stuff in your colon and body that must be purged. Also, make sure you are drinking enough water. I can't say enough great things about the watercure. You can find all sorts of info on Dr. Batmanghelidj and his remarkable work along with a recipe for the watercure on [www.watercure.com] or [www.watercure2.com]. On the first site, watercure.com, there is a downloadable three-part interview with motivational speaker, Tony Robbins, that is worth listening to. Also, if you decide to implement the watercure into your life you will want a good water bottle. The one I recommend to everyone is a Klean Kanteen. You can get them here: [www.kleankanteen.com].

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 10, 2006 03:10AM

Marcos & Rainbow: Thanks for your responses. I am currently on the Colonix program by Dr.Natura...I've been on it about 2 weeks and the results have been great.

That water site is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I could always be drinking more water. I read that if you pee less than 6 times a day you're probably dehydrated....I go about 10 times. Currently I drink out of a glass Voss bottle and it suits me ok but I don't know how healthy it is...it's certainly better than plastic. Klean kanteens look very interesting indeed!

I think I may start a juice fast on Sunday. I think my body just needs a good flush. Until then, my facial skin looks like it declared war on me! sad smiley

**running to chug water**

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:33PM

this is in your second month? Let me know how long it takes to clear up. I wouldn't think it would take too long, though.

Date: June 12, 2006 07:29PM

I'm on the second day of a juice fast. I haven't gotten any more blemishes but the old ones still haven't cleared up. I'm probably going to fast until my skin clears up and my tongue no longer has a white coat on it in the a.m.

Do you think it's weird that I broke out starting my second month? I'm starting to think I have alot of toxins to get out since I did recreational drugs for 8 years. I dunno...hopefully the fasting will help.

Date: June 12, 2006 07:40PM

I guess it just depends on what you had put your body through before going raw. If you live in an area with lots of pollutants and environmental facters, it wouldn't suprise me. I live in a little farming town in Iowa. The air here is clearer than ,say, LA, or New York. I guess it just depends on the person,and their surroundings. Did you smoke or were you exposed to second hand smoke often? That could be part of it, too. Detox is always yucky before it gets better, though.

Date: June 13, 2006 06:53PM

Yeah, I smoked pot heavily for 6 years. When I stopped 2 years ago my lungs & mind went through a detox of their own. I'm sure there's still plenty of toxins in my body from that stuff.

I'm on my 3rd day of the juice fast...my skin is getting clearer! Blemishes are healing. Still eliminating alot even though I'm not eating!! Amazing all that is in me!

For all of those on Dr.Natura's Colonix, it has been amazing fasting on his product!! Highly recommend it. smiling smiley

Date: June 13, 2006 09:28PM

what all does the dr. natura intail? I mean what do you have to do every day? I'm concidering it, but I need details first.LOLOL! I'm glad your skin is clearing up. I didn't think it would take too long, though.

Posted by: littlegirl ()
Date: June 13, 2006 09:47PM

yeah I have had similar problems with my skin
breaking out
but it took a while for it to show
a few months of being raw
now after a year my face is still with war
but I'm winning now
that I stopped eating prepaired gormet rawfoods
and nuts and seeds
my body finally is cleansing
and my skin is getting better
but it does take some time
and extensive cleaning with either juice fasts
water fasts
mono fruit diet
and or high water content fruit and vegtable diet
pure tea tree oil helps
with the blemishes expecially the big ones
and not using any lotions or soaps will help get rid of acne
just water
and some times hydrogen peroxide
and tea tree oil will help your face
it had with mine
good luck

Date: June 13, 2006 10:54PM

I used Meleleuka products for years. their main ingredient is tea tree oil. I just got to where it was too expencive.LOLOL! One bar of soap was about 4 bucks. OUCH! I drink about 2 gallons of either juices, green tea or water every day. Some days I'll drink regular tea with lemon and mint in it, though. So far I've had no issues(except monthly ones) with my skin.

Date: June 14, 2006 02:47AM

The Colonix program is pretty simple once you get the routine down...You take laxative tea at night, parasite pills in the morning and then fiber powder after that. I thought it might interfere with the fast but so far it hasn't and has kept me up on my elimination, gently. You do this little routine for a month...first time users should do 2/3 months. It is kinda pricey but well worth it once you see what comes out...if you go to his site you'll see some pix that people have posted. YUCK!

www.drnatura.com

Thanks for the tips ladies! I'll keep you posted on the progress smiling smiley

J.R.

Posted by: littlegirl ()
Date: June 15, 2006 04:47PM

enemas are also effective at getting out excess waste
and acually cleanse the liver and tone the colon where laxitives just make the crap come out without toning the colon
I would stay that doing enemas if you can are a better way of elliminating excess waste or relieving constipation then some expensive laxatives
all you need is an enema bag or kit and some pure water

Date: June 15, 2006 06:15PM

littlegirl,

If you're speculating that Dr Natura is an expensive enema then you probably haven't checked it out. This is the first product that I've used that not only cleans out the parasites, which rinsing the colon won't do, but also gets out that long, rubbery, ropey stuff called muquoid placque. Enemas will not get rid of that stuff. You need help to eliminate the hard coating that lines the colon. I am recommending Dr. Natura to all of my friends because I'm seeing the stuff come out that I knew was hiding in me but wouldn't come out with anything else. As a vegan for twenty plus years I've wasted a lot of money trying other products. Finally, I've found one that works.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 15, 2006 10:45PM

How often and how long each time do you use it? one month twice per year or ....?

Date: June 16, 2006 05:08AM

Wow...I'm on my 5th day of the juice fast and I am still eliminating stuff! Really gross, nasty, stringy black stuff!!! AUGH! I can't believe that stuff is in me!

Yeah, Dr. Natura is the @#$%&! No pun intended...hee hee

Date: June 16, 2006 11:48PM

luna,

The first time you need to do the entire progam for 3 months. Eat order contains enough for one month. The contents include Parasil (for parasite elimination), colonix, and klari tea. The parasil is taken upon waking with eight ounces of water. The Colonix is taken with almond milk, juice, etc. approximately fifteen minutes after the parasil. The tea is taken before bedtime. It's a very simply program. The products are pricier than most but not really considering it's a month long program.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 16, 2006 11:50PM

how is it compaired to master cleanse?

Date: June 17, 2006 01:15AM

OK, I've done the MC and have gotten good results BUT I had to do enemas to promote elimination...Colonix specifically targets the plaque in the intestine walls and will get you regular in a good way. Hope that helps smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2006 01:23AM

helps a bunch! Thank you! Did you use the molasses or pure maple syrup in the MC? I tried it with the syrup, but I liked it better without either.

Date: June 17, 2006 02:25AM

I did it with a high grade, organic syrup. If you wanted to stay raw you could use agave nectar or raw honey instead of syrup.

It's just to give you "energy" while you fast.

Date: June 17, 2006 02:51AM

I guess that explains why I'm kinda drained, huh? It's a loony luna moment, I guess.LOLOL! ! Common sense excapes me at times. I think the agave nectar sounds good, but the molasses or syrup mixed in, I didn't like.

Date: June 17, 2006 02:54AM

Actually, when Stanley Burroughs shared the recipe for the Master Cleanse he knew specifically what he was doing. The purpose of using the Maple Syrup is not for energy, per se, but for the b vitamins and minerals contained. The Master Cleanse is a very good cleanse and I enjoy doing it a few times a year as it's very kind to the system. However, I've never had the success with The Master Cleanse that I'm having with Dr. Natura. Yesterday, my stomach started doing flip flops and I thought that it was going to explode. I actually started walking slowly because I knew something good was happening. This morning I had a huge movement. No major parasites yet but I check everyday.

However, if you can't afford Dr. Natura then The Master Cleanse is a cheaper alternative. One word of caution; use on Organic Maple Syrup. Non-Organic MS has formaldehyde in it because of the plugs that they use to drain the syrup from the trees. The organic council forbids the use of formaldehyde in the processing of maple syrup, which is why I use a good quality maple syrup that is organic.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 17, 2006 03:25AM

If I use anything it will be the agave necter. The other two alternitives are far too sweet for me. Right now, Dr. Natura is too much for my budget. A couple months from now, who knows. Do you know if it would hurt to add some ginger to the MC?

Date: June 17, 2006 05:23PM

Hmm...personally I wouldn't. You don't want to add anything to the basic ingrediants you'll be using if you want a serious fast. Keep in mind you WILL BE TEMPTED to add this, or add that...or maybe just a nibble...DON'T. If you put anything in your mouth that has to be digested you will stop all the good effects of the fast.

I read this in a fasting book and it helped me. During a fast you are literally walking hand in hand with temptaion. Realize that and rise above it.

Date: June 17, 2006 07:36PM

ok. I'll follow it to the specified dirrections. Thanks again! !

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: June 17, 2006 08:19PM

I break out when I eat nuts (raw organic in-shell) un-sprouted, then I began sprouting them or at least soaking them overnight but I still would break out (acne) especially if I eat almonds...

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Date: June 18, 2006 01:53AM

Thanks for sharing rawdev,

I have been eating alot of soaked almonds!!...I'm going to experiement not eating them and see what happens.

Date: June 18, 2006 01:57AM

Here's a link to the Master Cleanse in .pdf (adobe reader) format.

[www.frenzy.com]

Cheers,

Marcos

Date: June 20, 2006 12:51AM

I'm bummed out.

I fasted for seven days. I'm on Dr.Natura's Colonix, I'm drinking tons of water, I've eaten NO nuts or avacados for 2 weeks. I've eaten nothing but fruit after the fast....and I AM STILL BREAKING OUT! I've used teatree oil on blemishes and it's not helping. I've used lavender oil, pure aloe vera, clay masks, seaweed exfoliants. I've done everything I can think of.

I know it's not a life altering issue and I feel guilty for complaining b/c there are so many people out there struggling with way bigger problems. But I feel like I can't put my best face forward. It's making me insecure when I go out and when I'm around people. Maybe it's a spiritual problem...something inside? My stress level is kind of high right now because I'm moving out of state this weekend, but I've been deep breathing and have taken time out to nurture myself. Maybe I'm giving it to much attention at this point???

Sorry for complaining, I had to vent. sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables