Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whole Fods (the store)
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:11PM

Does anyone know if the conventional produce Whole Foods sells can be GMO? Does the store have a non-GMO policy for everything, or just organic? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whole Fods (the store)
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: May 02, 2008 06:48PM

I worked at Whole Foods for a while; apparently the pesticides they use for their conventional produce are "natural," and I'm pretty sure the non-GMO policy applies to everything. I know that they do have strict regulations and screening processes for all the products they carry.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:29PM

That's good to know. Thanks!

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: May 02, 2008 09:02PM

I barely shop there anymore. Just got fed up with their ever-dwindling supply of organic produce...even the ones in season!!! I know stores vary depending on location but at the one I go to here in San Francisco you couldn't even find one variety of organic tangerines this winter...not ONE. No pummelos, red or yellow bell peppers, parsnips and lots of other basics I can't think of right now either. Oh yeah, except for oyster and the occasional shittake, all their mushrooms are conventional too...not that I eat mushrooms mind you. I'm just saying. Considering that they were the pioneers of selling organics to the mainstream when they began, I find it a bit disappointing. They do have a pretty extensive carry-out department though if you need to grab a salad or something on the go.

Luckily we have several great co-ops to choose from around here, as well as a plethora of awesome farmer markets as well. So really have nothing to complain about actually. Pretty fortunate to live here to be honest. Just LOVE this city!!!

~lanie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables