Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

citrus juicer, what to buy???
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 30, 2008 02:36AM

Any reccomendations on which citrus juicer to buy.
Is a cheap electric one from sears ok?
it's a proctor-silex jucit.
what do you use?
thanks
dc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: citrus juicer, what to buy???
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 30, 2008 03:16AM

I almost spent $50 on the Tribest citristar just because of the *name* because I have a GreenStar.

Then one day I saw an ad for the Black and Decker one at Target and went and Google'd reviews and came up with many positive reveiws on Amazon and Epinions.

[www.amazon.com]

So I bought it at Target for $20 and I love it. I juice A LOT of citrus, almost daily for 6 months now and it hasn't died on me yet. What I like the most about it is that it will spin one way, then you stop for a second and do it again and it will spin in the OPPOSITE direction..so you get a lot of juice out of it. My old citrus juicer didn't do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 03:19AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 30, 2008 03:32PM

It's No-Contest!! The Breville Citrus Press is the Best Citrus Juicer on the market. I use mine when my Grapefruit Tree is producing. Expect to pay around $150, but it's worth it......WY
[www.chefscatalog.com]

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 30, 2008 09:17PM

thanks likeit and wy
i think i'll buy a cheap one and move up later to the press.
thanks again
dc

Date: May 30, 2008 10:56PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's No-Contest!! The Breville Citrus Press is the
> Best Citrus Juicer on the market. I use mine when
> my Grapefruit Tree is producing. Expect to pay
> around $150, but it's worth it......WY
> [www.chefscatalog.com]
> 0428_285.jpg

lol. where do you live? I want a grapefruit tree. And an orange tree. I'd live off it. but I'm not moving to FL.

That one looks nice. If I had $150. I didn't even pay off my blender yet. lol

Date: May 30, 2008 11:00PM

Price really doesn't mean much. I saw this one at Linens n' Things (they sell a bunch of little electric kitchen gadgets) for $59.99

And look at all the crap reveiws it got on Epinions.
[www.epinions.com]

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: June 01, 2008 06:54PM

I'll second purchasing the Breville Citrus Press..

Best $150.00 I've ever spent!!..

I've used it at least every other day since late December..

That's when one of my local grocery chains, family owned, has had grapefruits selling at 5 for $2.00 & navel oranges selling for 8 for $2.00..

Those prices had remained stable until about 2 weeks ago when the prices rose to 4 for $2.00 for the grapefruits, & 6 for $2.00 for the navel oranges..

Both the grapefruits & the oranges were the larger ones of their kind yielding decent amounts of juice per fruit..

I usually juice 8 grapefruits & 20-24 oranges at a time, keeping all the pulp..

I place the juice that I don't immediately drink into a 2.5 liter Vac-Sy screw-top vacuum storage jar..

These Vac-Sy vacuum containers are not the run-of-the-mill vacuum storage containers that are to be found at Target, Costco, & Wal-Mart..

The Vac-Sy containers are made in Italy of high-quality glass & Lexan plastics with medical-grade silicone gaskets..

The vacuum pump is very substantial & costs more than the entire vacuum storage container kit to be found at Target, etc..

Thus, I am able to leave the freshly squeezed juice in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours with very little deterioration in the quality of the juice..

Although, I seldom fail to drink the juice before 24 hours has passed after squeezing the juice..Usually less than 12 hours..

Again, a hearty recommendation for the Breville Citrus Press..

I am aware of several bars & restaurants here in Baltimore that are using the Breville Citrus Press where the demand for fresh squeezed juice does not require a commercial-grade appliance..

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2008 06:55PM by baltochef.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables