Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much nutrition is left in the pulp?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:19AM

I wish to know how much of the nutrition is left in the fiber after juicing? I eat the fiber anyway since it keeps me regular. Whole food jucing(eating both the fiber and the juice) seems to be the way to go if you wish to get maximum benefit. It is like eating predigested produce that way.

Anybody care to add?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much nutrition is left in the pulp?
Date: June 24, 2006 03:47AM

There are nutrients left in the pulp for the simple reason that there is no juicer with totally dried pulp. The fiber from the pulp is good for digestion but too much pulp can clog the system. The approach that I use is to have some juice with no pulp but also make some green smoothies using high power blender. The pulp from a juicer is not finely broken down for easy digestion but with a high power blender you have the juice and the pulp together and the blender will make easier to digest. That is the way to go.
[sitekreator.com]

Date: October 04, 2006 11:11PM

Re:How much nutrition is left in the pulp?

Hi everyone, I've just become a member.
As I feel it is a waste to throw away fibre I always make soup from the pulp of vegetables I juice. It is delicious and great if you are on a low budget.

Date: October 05, 2006 12:41AM

Drinking juice and then eating the fiber after is not the same as eating the whole thing. Pulp contains phytochemicals and other nutrients not yet discovered but one problem with juice is that the system is at one time overburden with nutrients, when you are eating the whole food, your body takes time to break it down and the nutrients and important phytochemicals will get into your system at a natural gradual pace. The body is preparing itself to receive the food it is digesting.
If you are eating the pulp after drinking the juice then how does the pulp get disgested, the body needs the enzyme in the juice to bread down the pulp but the juice was gone earlier. They were together as one thing, the way nature made it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2006 12:51AM by djatchi.

Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: October 05, 2006 04:58AM

Hi Samara, can you be very specific on exactly what you do to make soup from pulp - what do you juice to begin with, and then step by step, how do you transform this into delicious soup? Thanks....

Posted by: jeffp6155 ()
Date: October 05, 2006 05:02AM

I would surmise that all pulp retains some juice...maybe if you're going to be using both the pulp and the juice separately, there may be a wisdom to using a crappy juicer that produces very wet pulp.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 05, 2006 09:56PM

"The Juiceman" Jay Kordich says 'Eat Fruit, Juice Vegetables'. The nutrition (or flavonoids) is in the fruit (especially citrus) pulp, whereas the nutrition of vegetables is in the juice......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 06, 2006 09:46AM

Hey Wheatgrass Yogi

I say :
Jay's The MAN!!

me agreeezzzzz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables