Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing 3 Meals A Day?
Posted by: FrogQueen ()
Date: April 30, 2006 02:22PM

Maybe I've miss read but I thought that some people have said they juice three meals a day and are living off of juice.

WHY?

In the grand scheme of things we (humans) are meant to eat that's why we have teeth and strong jaw muscles. I'm no scientist and not doing well with the raw thing but those of you who only juice kind of scare me and I'm concerned that your quest to be healthy has clouded your common sense. The higher power that created each and every one of us didn't make junk and that power's intellect knew our best design, we weren't giving parts just for decoration. Use your teeth for something other than gritting them and opening packages.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now!!!

Alesia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing 3 Meals A Day?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 01, 2006 04:38AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with juicing 3 times a day as long as someone is still eating plenty of fruits/veggies.

Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 02, 2006 06:47AM

snap

crunch crunch crunch crunch

ahhh! i love a fresh asparagus

Date: May 04, 2006 02:19PM

Juicing is cool by me I enjoy it myself. It seemed as though I kept reading that people are only juicing or juicing most if not all of their daily intake. That's what my rant was all about. Hope nobody was offended, I just think it's important to eat not just drink ones food.

note to self...

add Fresh asparagus to grocery list!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 16, 2006 05:38AM

I think that we can survive in superior health on a juice diet. There's a pressure that builds up in the colon if one lives on solid foods, especially fat, creating mucus and body pain. Liquidarianism eases the pressure, letting the body function like a well oiled machine.
I enjoy the following liquid meals......Wheatgrass Juice (3 or 4 ounces at a time)....Carrot-Celery juice.....Orange-Lemon juice......Apple juice......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 22, 2006 10:24AM

i say that our bodies weren't meant to continually
be slaves to the arduous task of digestion
that energy is like money
eating solids is like spending all your money
watching mindless television ( grinding, chewing, digesting)

when that energy could be siphoned off to doing
more elation inducing things
such as masquerading as the SIMPSONS

yawnnnn...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2006 05:08AM

yes.. we are meant to eat foods.. not drink the juice and throw away the good stuff.

juicing is bad for you.. it actually accelerates aging... otherwise.. prove to me it doesnt.. why would you throw all the phytochemicals and anti oxidants in the drain and drink just the sugar water with only vitamins, minerals and enzymes.

Im tired of the brainwashing.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 23, 2006 05:45AM

It accelerates aging? YOU prove to me it does, you are the one making the aspersions here. This is like the "creationists" saying, "prove to me that my invisable friend didn't make all this stuff".....

I agree with some of what you say, you do seperate out a lot of good stuff with juicing, but the pulp can be used for other things. Also, it's not ALL of the solids that are sperated out, I've yet to see a juicer that didn't end up with some particular matter in the juice, also it depends heavily on what you are juicing. These wild generalizations of yours don't seem to take into account eating a balanced diet.

I did however try some of what you say, I stop using my juicer for a while and just blended. The first couple of days where great, but by the third day I was starting to feel a little, er, gunged up inside. I wasn't able to run as far as I normally do, my happyness level dropped, exercise wasn't attrative to me, BM was not regular. After a week of blending, I decided enough was enough, I was seeing no health benifits, in fact I was seeing deteriation of my health and happyness, physically and mentally. I've been back to my regular balanced diet for almost a week now which includes a moderate amount of juicing (mainly breakfast) and things are slowly returning to normal, but I'm still not back to 100% happyness level....

I would say some of the stuff you and your website are preaching is dangerous.

And if you're tired of brainwashing, quit doing it then... ;-)

Ian.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 04, 2006 04:33PM

AMEN!

sodoffsocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It accelerates aging? YOU prove to me it does,
> you are the one making the aspersions here. This
> is like the "creationists" saying, "prove to me
> that my invisable friend didn't make all this
> stuff".....
>
> I agree with some of what you say, you do seperate
> out a lot of good stuff with juicing, but the pulp
> can be used for other things. Also, it's not ALL
> of the solids that are sperated out, I've yet to
> see a juicer that didn't end up with some
> particular matter in the juice, also it depends
> heavily on what you are juicing. These wild
> generalizations of yours don't seem to take into
> account eating a balanced diet.
>
> I did however try some of what you say, I stop
> using my juicer for a while and just blended. The
> first couple of days where great, but by the third
> day I was starting to feel a little, er, gunged up
> inside. I wasn't able to run as far as I normally
> do, my happyness level dropped, exercise wasn't
> attrative to me, BM was not regular. After a week
> of blending, I decided enough was enough, I was
> seeing no health benifits, in fact I was seeing
> deteriation of my health and happyness, physically
> and mentally. I've been back to my regular
> balanced diet for almost a week now which includes
> a moderate amount of juicing (mainly breakfast)
> and things are slowly returning to normal, but I'm
> still not back to 100% happyness level....
>
> I would say some of the stuff you and your website
> are preaching is dangerous.
>
> And if you're tired of brainwashing, quit doing it
> then... ;-)
>
> Ian.

Date: June 04, 2006 09:07PM

Wow, I sure started a great dicussion here!

I blend for smoothies and juice for juices, don't do either as often as I'd like.

I'm a bit confused about the benefits of one being better than the other.
If the pulp from juicing is getting used in other ways then it seems to me that nothing is being lost by way of fiber, which is what I thought is what the "blenders" are concerned with. To the "juicers" is it the heaviness of the blended foods that bring down the happiness level? And possibly the thickness that changed the BM?

Forgive my ignorance here... an apple is still an apple juiced, blended or whole, so what about the state of consumption makes it different? A juicer knocks the snot out of it, a blender beats it to a pulp and teeth chew it to pieces.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 10, 2006 12:49AM

That would be blending three meals a day. No one juices three meals a day because they're leaving all the valuable fiber that is essential to our diets. Juicing is ok as part of your diet but if you're gonna grind up 3 meals a day then make it blending. Check the food prep board for recipes or ask for help there. I know someone will post a message with recipes to help you out.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 29, 2006 09:53PM

i believe you could juice all day and then have one big vegan meal at the end of the day with as much fruits or veggies as you would desire. there are alot of delicious recipes you can choose from.. this is my first day here so i am answering some posts as well as starting a thread of my own.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 06, 2006 09:31PM

I juice breakfast; easier on the tummy. Then I juice a snack later on. I think juicing is a good thing to do because it is hard to eat so many salads a day. My two cents.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables