Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nopal juice
Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: September 08, 2006 06:19PM

Hey everyone, I just moved to Texas and on our property there are tons of nopal cactus. (Prickly pear cactus) I was wondering if anyone had ever juiced these. Do I need to remove the needles from the pads before juicing them? I was thinking of just tossing everything in the juicer. I have a Breville juice fountain, I think that can handle cactus?...any thoughts.

Thanks. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nopal juice
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 11, 2006 06:33AM

I have no idea what they are, but I think removing the needles off any food is always a good idea as they may end up in your juice.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 06, 2006 09:53AM

try and see what happens
if the juicer juices up the needles, then great
if not, then strain yer juice through a thin sieve like mesh

drink it
its good
i tried it
its great
someone made it for me
don't know what he did with the needles though
maybe he hid it up his sleeves

Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: October 07, 2006 05:22PM

I forgot to come back. I made the juice and did remove the needles first. I wore gardening gloves and cut the needles off. The juice was really neutral tasting...and very thick like aloe vera gel. Kinda strange to drink.

I hope your friend didnt put the needles in his sleeve. When clearing away one of the cacuts I got the tiny needles all over me. Kinda hard to pull out of your arms...especially when wearing gardening gloves. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables