Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

omega 8005 for wheat grass?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:26PM

Is the Omega 8005 good for juicing wheat grass? I know the green star is popular, but the Omega seems more affordable and versatile.

Also (this is a second question) can you grow wheat grass if your apartment doesn't get large amounts of sunlight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: omega 8005 for wheat grass?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:35PM

Yes, the Omega 8005 does a nice job juicing wheatgrass if it's anything like an earlier model that I used to own (8002). The screen and auger have been improved on the 8005. I presently use a Wheateena Green Label for juicing my wheatgrass.
As for growing wheatgrass indoors in minimum light....Yes you can. However, it would be best for it to get some sunlight. I grow some very 'Green' and nutritious wheatgrass in my Living Room in very little light. Sometimes I let it sit in the Sun for a few hours, but usually I don't bother.......WY

Re: omega 8005 for wheat grass?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2006 08:11PM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!! I have a kitchen window with some light, but not tons.

I was going to post this as a new post, but I'll ask my new dumb question here:

Once the grass is growing, you just cut it with scissors or something and let it grow back? The grass keeps growing forever (given that you water it)? Does it require any special care?

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables