Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Which first Blender or food processor?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:08AM

Hi, I'm after some advice as to whether it would be better to purchase a blender or a food processor first?. I already have an omega 5000 juicer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which first Blender or food processor?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 22, 2007 07:01AM

Only you can really decide which is more important to you and which you will get more use out of..

What do you want? Smoothies or chopped food? Get something good like The Total Blender and it chops things anyway...

Date: February 22, 2007 10:28PM

Thanks,

After looking into things a bit more, it looks as though the vitamix or Total Blender will do most things that a food processor does. They look impressive. (My first thought was that they were only good for smoothies.) I'm leaning towards the Vitamix 5000 though.

Date: February 24, 2007 05:30AM

We purchased the Vitamix over a year ago and have NOT been disappointed in any way! It is fast, thorough and the clean-up is amazing. Lickety split. You fill the container 1/2 full with warm water, a couple of squirts of gentle dishwashing liquid and set it on high and the unit cleans itself. In about 30-60 seconds. Invert it in a strainer and off you go!

I have made nut butters, soups, salsas, hummus, oodles of smoothies and simple chopped things for recipes. For chopping, all you do is set the machine to a lower setting. It blends, chops, purees and food processes.

It is simply remarkably fast.

My only regret is that I didn't buy this model 20 years ago! I used to own the Champion juicer, which was more labor intensive to operate. I work all day and am in school, so the time factor was important to me. Also, there is no pulp discarded with the Vitamix....you eat (or drink) it all, and they are smooth and ultra delicious!

I highly recommend buying a Vitamix!

Date: February 24, 2007 04:06PM

Thanks,

I have now started saving up for the Vitamix 5000 and hope to buy one in June.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables