Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jack LaLanne Elite Juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 26, 2008 08:27PM

I've been using this juicer for the past couple months and I need help on how to make Nut butter/milk.

Per their website, "This appliance
features precision technology with two powerful mechanisms one for juice and an attachment to make milk alternatives and nut butters."

What attachment are they referring to?....I only have the 1 juicing wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack LaLanne Elite Juicer
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 01, 2008 12:53AM

Kaynor09 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been using this juicer for the past couple
> months and I need help on how to make Nut
> butter/milk.
>
> Per their website, "This appliance
> features precision technology with two powerful
> mechanisms one for juice and an attachment to make
> milk alternatives and nut butters."
>
> What attachment are they referring to?....I only
> have the 1 juicing wheel.
>
> Any ideas?

In my opinion there is no "attachment" to make milk and nut butters, that being a marketing error, however apparently the latest Elite model is designed to grind produce/nuts better than previous models.. again just my take. Have you found out differently?

"I had the older Express model for a couple of years, but decided to upgrade. This model works even better at grinding produce. They made some changes to the grinding mechanism, and there are no longer partially crushed leaves in the collection bin!" [reviews.hsn.com] review of 10-11-07

I have the original Jack Lalanne Power Juicer and it is very good for making coconut milk or a chunky nut butter. It basically works as a grinder.. you add warm water to make milk.. takes a bit of experimentation unless they give you instructions.

Hope this helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 01:03AM by loeve.

Date: October 01, 2008 01:55AM

..from another review:

POWER JUICER ELITE:
(THIS IS WHERE THERE ARE MAJOR DIFFERENCES, WHOLE CHERRIES, NUTS, PEACHES, PLUMS,ETC. WITH PITS CAN BE INSERTED INTO JUICER; YOU CAN MAKE SOY, RICE ALMOND MILK, NEW NO DRIP SPOUT, SOY TECHNOLOGY, AN INDUCTION MOTOR, IT NOW CLAIMS FRUIT AND VEGETABLE JUICES (BUT IT ALSO DOES FRUITS WITH PITS LIKE PEACHES AND PLUMS WHICH FOR THE ORIGINAL MODEL..YOU HAD TO TAKE OUT THE PITS FIRST..NOW YOU CAN PUT THEM ALL IN WHOLE: CORE, PIT AND ALL)

ALL NEW! Soy Technology
* Commercial Quality
* Induction Motor
* Fruit Juices and
* Vegetable Juices
* Special Patented
* Extraction Technology
* Extra-Large Round Feeder
* Super-Sized Detachable
* Pulp Collector
* Dishwasher Safe
* Whisper-Quiet Operation
* Built-In Safety Features
* Surgical-Quality
* Stainless Steel Blade
* Non-Drip Spout
* 3,600 RPM Motor Has
* Lifetime Guarant ee
[www.amazon.com]

..my JL Original version came with two grinding wheels, both identical. It is possible the Elite has a second grinding wheel just for nut butters, or a chute attachment for blade clearance issues, but I don't see it in the literature, and it's a pure guess.

Date: October 13, 2008 05:09PM

Kaynor09 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been using this juicer for the past couple
> months and I need help on how to make Nut
> butter/milk.
>
> Per their website, "This appliance
> features precision technology with two powerful
> mechanisms one for juice and an attachment to make
> milk alternatives and nut butters."
>
> What attachment are they referring to?...

.. the "attachment" for making nut butter/milk is called the "EZ Loader Attachment" in this distributors's website:

[kitchen-dining.hsn.com]

..as you can see from the illustration, it looks like a pitcher that can be attached to the top of the Elite feed chute.... it appears to have a trap door to make it easier to add seeds/nuts without having them be popped right back at you!

.. not exactly what I would call a "powerful mechanism" as your website seemed to suggest, but certainly handy.... mystery solved?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2008 05:21PM by loeve.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2010 10:14PM

Hi,I wanted to know how you were able to make nutbutters and coconutmilk with the origianl machine. I have the classic power juicer(aka oringianl) and they upgraded my blade to stronger one for free, (YAY) anyway I just would like to know how to make the butters and coconut milk, because that's what were are interested in making besides juicing thanks!!!!!: 0

Date: January 28, 2010 11:43AM

Hi nika,
I have the original classic model too, and use mature coconut a lot. When making the nut butter or milk I always have warm/hot water ready and put in a little to warm and wet the juicer surfaces so the oil will no stick quite as much to the bowl. Then feed the coconut thru. Milk/butter will come out the spout. Some oil will collect on the screen and bowl which can be scouped out. Coconut flour will be ejected into the basket. After feeding the coconut thru you can slowly pour a glass of warm water thru which will rinse more milk out the spout. Nothing goes to waste. The flour can be used to make more milk or in recipes, or recombined with the milk and oil to make a pate. It all works best in a warm kitchen or using hotter water because the melting point of coconut oil is 24 C (76 F). When the ingredients cool the oil will solidify and be separated to suit.

By the way, anyone using the Elite model, please be carefull with hard shells and pits, the machine not made for "peach pits".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables