Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Well My Juice Garden sucked this year tongue sticking out smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 30, 2008 03:36AM

due to repeatedly bad weather up here in the pacific north wet ..err west .. about the onlyt thing that flourished was all the funky brands of leafy greens i planted and the zuchinni went nuts but i think some of it cross polinated with my cucumbers because allthoug they look like zuchinis they have a harder cucumber thicker like shell and more watery texture then traditional zuchini

i think i made a new breed .. i will call it ...

LaVeronique Zucumberini !

yes i think that will do ..

on an UP note .. i have scored mega amounts of free apples, plums yellow an purple, corn and other field gleanings on my evening raids of forgotton forbidden fruits smiling smiley

so how was all yer summers? grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Well My Juice Garden sucked this year tongue sticking out smiley
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:46AM

It was pretty wet in New England until September as well, but not so much that the tomatoes got funky -- we had a boatload of heirlooms-- enough to supply the local co-op and the restaurant where I work. Also lettuce, peas, squash and cukes earlier, basil, onions and garlic, lots of kale, beets, carrots, cilantro, arugula, kale, chard, sunflowers (for the birds and squirrels -- our TV), green beans, tomatillos, kale, herbs and edible flowers, grapes, black raspberries and wonderberries! I had never heard of wonderberries, and David planted several bushes of these seedy, black wonders. They are sweet (but not overly) and earthy, and grow in little clusters. I love to graze on them when I watch my daughter play. And did I say kale?

Date: September 30, 2008 11:58AM

hehe peas !! omg i was so annoyed with my peas .. there they were no where near ready and i had to go work for 4 days volunteer at a local folk music fest and guess what ?

when i got back those darn peas had gotten over ripe adn tasted liek big round peices of cardboard LOL

i couldnt beelive they all overripend in just 4 days i was sooooo annoyed ..

cuz i really was lookin forward to lazing about in the back yard with collander of peas shelling them an watching the clouds lol

yes i got copious amounts of blueberries an blackberries as well !

the grapes well they are not looking to great either .. but they may pull thru will have to see this week hehe

my only tomatoes that didnt go funk were my romas ..which are my fave but i didnt get any where near the amount i usually get .. but i am cherishign the ones i got mmmm !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 30, 2008 01:36PM

I admire anyone who can grow a good Garden. I've tried Tomatoes in
the past and have had limited success. They're easy to grow, but
need to be fed to produce a nutritious crop.
I've started back growing Wheatgrasss, but that doesn't qualify as
as a real Garden since it's done indoors. The 'key' to growing good
Grass is in the fertilizer. I'm using Clay and Ocean Water for minerals.......WY

Date: September 30, 2008 07:48PM

hehe thanks Yogi .. i do try .. sometimes mother nature just decides whats she gonna do an thats that smiling smiley

tomatoes can at times be very fussy and sometiems go like weeds .. they are a true enigma for sure lol ..i always plant lots an just hope for the best LOL smiling smiley

i think wheatgrass is a true garden yogi .. lots of gardens are indoors !

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 01, 2008 10:36PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think wheatgrass is a true garden yogi .. lots
> of gardens are indoors !
Thanks Jodi. I just planted some Wheatgrass,
so I feel like a Gardener again. It has been a long time
since I've grown Grass, but it's like riding a Bicycle....
you never forget how.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables