Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Juicing- Please Help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 04, 2007 04:18PM

Hi everyone! I have recently started juicing and have a lot of questions. If this is not the right place to ask these questions or you know of a great resource- I would love to be directed so that I can quench my thirst for knowledge.

What do you do with all of the pulp left after juicing? We want to eat it but I was not sure if there was any nutritional benefit(besides the obvious fiber source) to doing so.

Is there a source that outlines the nutritional benefits of each vegetable or fruit? This is where the majority of my questions center around. I really like fresh juice, but I am not sure what each vegetable or fruit does for you and I want to be sure to have a drink that not only tastes good but is good for me!

TIA!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Juicing- Please Help
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: November 04, 2007 04:26PM

dr. norman walkers book called"fresh fruit and vegetable juices" is agood place to start.

you can try dehydrating the pulp and making it into raw crackers by adding soaked flax and chia seeds. also you could make a "spread" to put on the crackers. this is not my area of expertise so maybe you can research it on your own or perhaps someone else on the forum here can give some guidance.

if you are combining fresh produce to make juices you really cannot go wrong...just do it and learn form your experience. listen to your body it will tell you what it likes and doesnt like.

apples and pears are very useful in sweetening up not so good tasting combinations. eventually you will begin to enjoy the plain and delicious flavors of combinations which may not taste real good at the present time.

stay with it and experiment.

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables