Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FOR SALE Waring Commercial MX1000XT
Posted by: rawvegan2003 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:47AM

I JUST bought this from everythingkitchens.com - I used it ONE TIME and they will NOT take it back. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM...NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY.

This machine did not give same results as my vitamix. It cost $335.

The good news is Blind Guru has done a blender video -- see blindguru.com This Waring machine DOES surpass vitamix ONLY if a vitamix container is used in conjunction with the Waring machine.

If you're are interested in buying, please contact me:
hamiltonj@juno.com

JA Smith, SLC Utah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FOR SALE Waring Commercial MX1000XT
Posted by: flash ()
Date: October 03, 2007 08:30PM

Is it sold?

I have a Blend-Tec HP3 which has been working quite well; however, after seeing that comparison by Blind Guru, I want the Waring blender.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:12PM

Yeah i SAW bLINDGURU.com AWESOME SITE I GOTTA SAY. Anyhow how much Im onight budget

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:55PM

rawvegan2003 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The good news is Blind Guru has done a blender
> video -- see blindguru.com This Waring machine
> DOES surpass vitamix ONLY if a vitamix container
> is used in conjunction with the Waring machine. I tried finding those Blender videos, and couldn't. BlindGuru has them in a 'loop' to his Front Page. Maybe he had some complaints from a Manufacturer (like Vita-Mix)?
It would probably be better to sell your MX1000XT locally. I would think anyone buying a used one would want to look at it first.....WY

Posted by: pradiata ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:42PM

WY -
Try googling "pimp my blender" and you'll come up with some youtube videos. Or just look for blindguru at youtube.com (but watch out, 'cause in one of his videos, he's now touting an even BETTER blender! smiling smiley )

Emily

Date: October 24, 2007 03:07AM

pradiata Wrote:
> WY -
> Try googling "pimp my blender" and you'll come up
> with some youtube videos. Or just look for
> blindguru at youtube.com (but watch out, 'cause in
> one of his videos, he's now touting an even BETTER
> blender!
Thanks Emily. I saw the video with Blind Guru comparing 4 blenders. I got that he preferred the Waring 3.5HP with a Vita-Mix container, as many of you have mentioned. The Blendtec was very loud, didn't you think? He mentioned ORP (oxygen reducing principle) that sounds interesting. I never saw the BETTER blender video.....just as well, as I'd probably want to buy one. Tell me about it.....WY
P.S. I wouldn't want Blind Guru working in my Kitchen. It'd be a Disaster Area.

Posted by: Libra ()
Date: October 24, 2007 04:23AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:

> I saw the video with Blind Guru
> comparing 4 blenders. I
> never saw the BETTER blender video.....

Can you post the link to this video comparing the 4 blenders. I went to the Blind Guru site and it said that the video was removed due to manufacturer complaints. I did find some of his videos on youtube, but not the 4 blender comparison.

I'm also looking forward to your comments when you get your new Waring, as I am still deciding between that and the Blendtec.

Thanks.

Date: October 24, 2007 12:01PM

Libra Wrote:
> Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
>
> > I saw the video with Blind Guru
> > comparing 4 blenders. I
> > never saw the BETTER blender video.....
>
> Can you post the link to this video comparing the
> 4 blenders.Here it is...enjoy!!
[www.youtube.com]
>
> I'm also looking forward to your comments when you
> get your new Waring, as I am still deciding
> between that and the Blendtec. I should be getting it the first of next week. I'll post a comparison of my new Waring 3.5HP and my old Vita-Prep 3 (3+HP) at that time.....WY
>
> Thanks. You're wecome.

Date: October 24, 2007 08:46PM

So, I watched the video. It seems like the non-tamper containers use more air in order to suck everything down, so you don't need to manually mix it. So, it more air really that bad? He makes a point that you have to have the lid on (with the non-vitamix carafe) so everything doesn't get all over. But, that is what a lid is for, so that doesn't matter to me. I will say that the Blendtec sounded the noisiest. I am considering the Waring, again, but with buying the vitamix carafe, it ends up around $150 more than the Blendtec...

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:37PM

But in the long run it's worth it, Cuba Libra. I scored my Waring Xtreme from Everything Kitchens as well as the VitaMix container and use it multiple times a day. My morning smoothies are delightful and set the tone for the day.

Wheatgrass Yogi: So glad to see you're back and doing well I trust. Wow, people just love you. Can't wait to hear how much you'll like your new Waring. It's one powerful blender!

Regards,

David

Date: October 25, 2007 11:55PM

David -

Can you give a comparison of the Waring and VM containers? I'm still using the Waring container and thinking about ordering the VM carafe, but wondering in what ways the VM is better. I've seen the video, but was curious about your experience.

So far I've gotten the blender to do what I want, but not with little batches - the base of the Waring container is so broad that I have to put in at least a cup or more of material for it to be able to blend, or else it just flings everything up against the walls. It looks like the VM container is a little smaller at the base? I have a homogenizing juicer and am happy with that for nut butters and patés, etc, for now, but they're not entirely smooth - still slightly grainy to the touch, which is okay, but wondering if the VM container would blend smoother.

(Just got the blender, already wanting to trick it out!)

Thanks (as always),
Emily

Date: October 26, 2007 12:23AM

Sure thing Emily. Happy to oblige.

I can verify that the Waring container is best for making large batches of things and not small. You're out of luck if you desire a small smoothie. I also found the square design of the Waring carafe introduced more air (cavitation ?) in my smoothies which I personally don't care for.

Exactly right about the VitaMix container. While it holds the same amount as the stock Waring (48oz) the design is more conical and tapered. To me, it blends easier and that results in less time required to make a smoothie which is a positive in many respects. Less time to blend means less wear & tear on the motor, less air is incorporated, and your smoothie won't warm up. I've read that quite a bit on this site. Apparently there are many folks who find that blending for an extended period warms up their food too much. Interesting...

Believe you'd be happy and better served with the VitaMix container and I work for Verizon Telecomm and not Everything Kitchens. I'd also suggest you spring the extra $12 for the VitaMix tamper that fits perfectly with the container. I've not used it that much but when I have it's been the perfect tool and worked like a charm. Much safer than using a long wooden spoon, etc....

Any other questions just let me know or PM me.

Regards!

David

Date: October 26, 2007 12:29AM

Will the Waring carafe do wet and dry? I've read that the Blendtec, the same carafe does both, but for the Vitamix, you need a different one for wet and dry. If I buy the Waring, I will buy the Vitamix carafe, but can I use the original Waring carafe for both wet/dry?

As far as heating things up, does the Blendtec really heat things up that much more since it has the programmed cycle? I know I'm beating a dead horse a bit in my continued comparison, I just want to make sure that the reasons to go with the Waring (w/ V. carafe) are justified and aren't just overkill based solely on Raw Guru's opinion.

Date: October 26, 2007 03:02PM

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I fully understand the differences between wet & dry blending to answer your question intelligently. I have read up on it a little, but not enough to voice an opinion that I'd feel comfortable sharing with the forum. Is this something that only VitaMix has dreamed up to sell more containers? Am not sure. Just asking the question. I would recommend that you email EverythingKitchens as they've responded quickly and succinctly to all my queries (and there have been many!). Also, pull up the Waring web site and look there.

I'm sold on the combo of Waring 3.5hp Xtreme blender (base) and VitaMix container as are others that post here. It's not just that crazy Mark character (BlindGuru) and his frenetic videos on YouTube.

Best of luck!

David

Date: October 27, 2007 05:03PM

David -

Thanks again for your help. Yesterday, before reading your post, I was doing a lot of blending for some multi-faceted recipes, and the thick paste of nuts/etc. required a lot of stopping, scraping down with a spatula and blending again in the Waring carafe. Your post was *exactly* what I needed to hear. I'm ordering the VM carafe today!

Libra -

When I saw references to the dry carafe, my understanding was that it was for grinding grains into flour without scratching up the inside of the wet carafe, and perhaps it has a more specialized blade too. (? just guessing on the blade part) I'm not sure how this would work since I've read that grain, like juice, should be processed nice and slow. Some homogenizing juicers are also supposed to mill flour - I tried it once and the flour came out fine, but I didn't want to scratch up the clear plastic parts of the juicer (Omega 8003) and get them all foggy looking. If you're looking for a grain mill there's a beautiful little wooden hand-crank one with stone milling parts here: [www.novanatural.com]
I've been lusting after it for awhile even though I don't have any need for a grain mill! smiling smiley

Right now I'm sampling these way-too-heavenly fudgy un-cookies I've made for my dad's 82 birthday today. He's a dark chocolate lover so I put in lots of cocoa powder, and these cookies are like brownies. I haven't had any sweets for a couple of months, and wow, am I getting a buzz on! I guess I'd better make it a wheatgrass and green smoothie day!

Ciao!
Emily

Date: October 27, 2007 05:26PM

pradiata Wrote:
> When I saw references to the dry carafe, my
> understanding was that it was for grinding grains
> into flour without scratching up the inside of the
> wet carafe, and perhaps it has a more specialized
> blade too. (? just guessing on the blade part) You're right about the Blade, but wrong about the Carafe. The 'dry blade' is blunt (for making powder out of grain), whereas the 'wet blade' is somewhat pointed (for cutting cell walls).
> I'm not sure how this would work since I've read
> that grain, like juice, should be processed nice
> and slow. This is true...to reduce Heat (the Culprit). A Flour Mill is best, but if you want to make flour with a Blender, this is the only way.
>If you're looking for a grain mill there's a beautiful
> little wooden hand-crank one with stone milling
> parts here:
> [www.novanatural.com]
> I've been lusting after it for awhile even though
> I don't have any need for a grain mill! smiling smiley I know what you mean
> Right now I'm sampling these way-too-heavenly
> fudgy un-cookies I've made for my dad's 82
> birthday today. He's a dark chocolate lover so I
> put in lots of cocoa powder, and these cookies are
> like brownies. I have an 87 year old mother. How can we tell them they shouldn't be eating that way?
>I haven't had any sweets for a
> couple of months, and wow, am I getting a buzz on!
> I guess I'd better make it a wheatgrass and green
> smoothie day! Keep talking....it's Music to my ears......WY
>
> Ciao!
> Emily

Date: November 04, 2007 08:59PM

rawvegan2003.....If you're still around, I think we both got ripped-off from EverythingKitchens.com. My new Waring XT is supposed to have a bare motor speed of 45,000 rpm. The box it came in says it has a bare motor speed of 30,000 rpm....a full 1/3 less. That would put it at 2.33HP instead of 3.5HP. No wonder you were upset, because I believe the same thing happened to you......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables