Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Waring Extreme vs Vita Prep 3
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 01:06PM

Hi everyone:

I think I posted this on the wrong list so I am going to put it here. I have been reseaching blenders and I have narrowed it down to the Vita Prep 3 which is a 3+hp blender and the 3.5hp Waring Extreme. I presently have the Vita Mix Sidewinder which I have had for about 25 years. It has been great but now that I am into the raw lifestyle it is grinding trying to make my smooties. Just this morning I thought I was going to burn out the motor as it strugged to blend all my greens and fruit.

If anyone has these blenders could you please tell what you like or dislike about them.

thank you

JoAnn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Waring Extreme vs Vita Prep 3
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:23PM

Well yesterday my 25 year old Vita-Mix blender finally gave out. It was time to make my decision on a new blender. I decided to go with the Waring Extreme 3.5hp blender but with the Vita-Mix contaiener with the tamper. This way I am getting the best of both worlds and enough power to blend just about anything. It will be quite a difference from my 1hp blender.

JoAnn

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:37PM

I own a Vita-Prep 3 by Vita-Mix. It has plenty of power, but something seems to be 'missing'. It just doesn't have the Quality that I'm looking for in a Juicer or Blender. Breville makes a nice line of products......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 11, 2007 07:28PM

We've bought a 'standard' Waring 3HP blender 2 months ago and it performs without a flaw! (the 'standard' 3HP is not much different from the 'extreme' version. The tech specs for the 'standard' refer to max RPM with the container sitting on the unit, the 'extreme' model's RPM are measured without a container). We use the standard container. Cleaning is not an issue *at all*, despite it's shape. I've also made peanut butter without any problems. Waring's customer service is also excellent: When our blender arrived, I've tried to remove a sticker on the jug with goo-be-gone. DON'T try this at home, it permanently marred the
polycarbonate... I've called Waring's customer service and inquired how much a replacement jug would be. Guess what: They've send me a replacement free of any charge! Thanks again, Melissa! To sum it up, we couldn't be happier with our purchase!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 17, 2007 04:42AM

Nannie11,

I do not have any of the aforementioned blenders. However, I had worked as a prep cook for a few years, a few years ago. I am counfounded as to why people here use bar blenders instead of food blenders? Perhaps the average avocational cook has never worked with commercial-grade food blenders. They are usually sold through restaurant equipment stores or online vendors.

I had used a commercial-grade Waring blender and I surmise that because they are designed to puree food, they will last longer than a bar blender, whereas bar blenders are designed to mix beverages, and probably will need replacement more often than you would like.
I cannot advise you nor anyone as how to spend your money, but if I were to use a blender for pureeing or juicing food, I would use a commercial-grade Waring blender:

Waring Products
[www.waringproducts.com]
[www.blenderworld.com]

Blender World
[www.blenderworld.com]-
warfoodblender.html

REW
[www.restaurantequipment.net]

Serv-U
[www.servu-online.com]

The Restaurant Source
[www.restaurantsource.com]

Gala Source
[www.galasource.com]

A City Discount
[www.acitydiscount.com]

Happy blending!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 18, 2007 03:41PM

wow unknown cook ( cool name btw)

u sure got the goods on the blenders !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables