Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing Veggies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2008 12:20AM

There are so many vegetable juice recipes and I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions of what vegetables work best together? Also, I am relatively new to consuming vegetables in juice-form, today I had my first carrot juice in over ten years and man, was it hard to down it. So does anyone have any suggestions how to ease the transition?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing Veggies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2008 01:53AM

Read the Dr.Norman Walker book about Juicing he has the best of known by me so far recipies of veggie juice combinations which are healing different conditions..

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 20, 2008 04:02AM

msingsonmd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are so many vegetable juice recipes and I
> have no idea where to start. Any suggestions of
> what vegetables work best together?
I like Celery Juice followed by Carrot Juice
in the morning. It's a good way to start the Day.
I'm surprised you had trouble with Carrot Juice. Like
anything, if you get into the Habit, it's much easier......WY

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: April 25, 2008 11:58PM

I just got my juicer yesterday. So far I've had celery apple carrot (about 4 of each), and celery apple orange (3 of each and 2 oranges).

And I had plain orange juice, which I love, becuase it's kind of a smoothie rather than squeezed juice. I've also been juicing ginger, though I haven't put it in anything yet. (Straight up!)

I'd say the first two I mentioned would be good for you, becuase the carrot won't be too strong. I don't like straight carrot juice much myself, though I may acquire a taste for it. The first one was in the book that came with my juicer, the second one I invented cuz I ran out of apples! But it just seemed to work.

-DaveK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables