Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

3hp vs. 3.5hp blender
Posted by: annex ()
Date: May 01, 2008 03:50AM

I am sure this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I want to get a high speed blender. I am pretty sure I want a 3hp because I want to make green smoothies that are well blended and not bitty. I also want to make nut butters. I am told I need at least a 3hp blender, but 3.5hp would be much better. A 3hp costs about $350, which is a significant amount of money for me, but the 3.5hp is over twice that much. I don't think I need a 3.5hp, but has anyone noticed a significant difference between the 3 and 3.5? If you own a 3hp, do you think it is sufficient for green smoothies and nut butters?

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3hp vs. 3.5hp blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 01, 2008 01:42PM

After trying several of the 3 and 3+hp Blenders, I like the Vita-Prep 3 (model 1005) best of all. In fact, the whole Vita-Mix line is a group of blenders that are easier to use than the Blendtec models. The Waring Extremes have a powerful motor, but the cannister and blades are inferior. Good Luck in your search......WY

Date: May 01, 2008 02:28PM

oh... i was quoted $800 for a 3.5hp blender and after looking some more I realize I can get one for $300-400. Now I just have to decide waring vs vita prep, and there has been loads written about that here, so thanks!

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: May 02, 2008 01:45AM

vita-prep all the way!! I can't say enough, use it all day long, and my family is using it now too. We all love it for a ton of different reasons - simplicity, ease of cleaning, productivity, size, noise level, efficiency, etc. Its a terrific machine and I couldn't live this way without it!

Date: May 03, 2008 02:36PM

WY (and anyone else):

do you have an opinion on the vita prep 3 vs the waring xtreme with a vita prep container?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 03, 2008 03:42PM

annex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY (and anyone else):
>
> do you have an opinion on the vita prep 3 vs the
> waring xtreme with a vita prep container?
That would be a good combo. I like the
48-ounce Vita-Mix container that I bought at
TheBlenderPlace.com. It would also fit the Waring.
Go with the Vita-Prep 3 if your Budget allows it,
and forget the Waring altogether would be my recommendation.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2008 02:43AM

Dont get the Waring they feel cheap and based on their other products they will certainly not last as long as a Blendtec or a Vitamix, they are in a whole different ballpark.

As to your smoothies, any of thes Vitamix or Blendtec are powerfull enough to puree even the seeds of a strawberry, so I dont think you will have any problems with your green smoothies. If I were you I would go with a Vitamix home model which has a 7 year waranty, if you purchase a Vitaprep3 you will only get 3yrs of waranty...call Vitamix and they will give you the same advice.

People on these forums are power hungry and think they need somthing that they really dont, as I explained in another thread they Vitaprep3 has no more power to the blade than the Vitamix 5000 home model, the extra power goes to the cooling fanof the motor so it can run all day in a commercial kitchen, both have blades that run at 37,000 RPM so it is impossible that one would blend better than the other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables