Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Day 5 of my real first juice fast
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: December 12, 2007 11:11PM

I just did a two week MC and went straight into a juice fast. I'm really not sure what I'm doing exactly so I've just been going by intuition, drinking fruit earlier in the day and veggies later in the day. I'd really like some feedback from some experienced juicers about how I'm going about it.

Each morning I wake up and drink 16 oz. of water. Then I'll have a cup of herbal tea, usually peppermint and red clover blossoms. At around noon I've been juicing about a quart of oranges, mangos, pineapple and persimmons. It takes me around a half hour to drink it all. Then later I drink more water. I also crack open a coconut and drink a tall glass of coco water. At around 5 pm. I've been juicing about a quart of carrot, celery, kale, spinach, parsley, beet, cucumber, lemon, ginger, and a touch of garlic. After that it's either water or tea until I go to bed.

Does this sound like a good juicing menu?
Is a quart too much juice to drink at one time?
Should I be diluting it?
What type of juicing fasts have you done?

Thanks so much for your response!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Day 5 of my real first juice fast
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 13, 2007 03:22AM

purenkind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does this sound like a good juicing menu?
That's quite a variety of ingredients. It would be too
much for me, but go with what works for you. I like it
simple.

> Is a quart too much juice to drink at one time?
I like a Quart for myself, but I think you should go by body
size.

> Should I be diluting it? If you're cleansing,
the heavy juices (like Carrot) should be diluted.

> What type of juicing fasts have you done? My
favorite Juice Fast is Citrus Juice with a Colon Cleanser
(I like Oxy-Powder). But a good Cleanse can be achieved
from diet alone if you eat properly and have patience.
The 'Key' to Fasting (or Detoxification) is to eliminate
the Toxins going in.....WY

Date: December 13, 2007 07:33AM

thanks for the response WY!

I agree with you that the "key" to detoxing is to eliminate the toxins going in! I've been detoxing for four years now, eating between 90 - 100% raw and doing many cleanses, just never a juice cleanse. I've really been enjoying it! I feel fantastic! I also think I'll make my juices simpler from now on. I guess I was trying to get a bit of everything in each glass! I like oxy-powder too!

Do you juice often? What's you're favorite juice combinations?

Peace

Posted by: ericajones80 ()
Date: December 14, 2007 02:41PM

are these juice fasts dangerous at all? i worry about the sugar intake..

For My Health The Fruit Company Fruit Baskets

Date: December 14, 2007 03:10PM

ericajones said "are these juice fasts dangerous at all? i worry about the sugar intake.." I've had good results from Juice Fasts, even Carrot, without any Sugar problems.

The PETA clip was so horrible that I couldn't watch more than a few seconds.

Those Green Bags are amazing. I'm going to try them. My Celery is always getting 'limp'......WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 14, 2007 07:14PM

erica

i highly recommend a book by paavo airola titled,"juice fasting".

you are on to something totally valuable to a better quality life.

congratulations on your astute percetablity!

juicin' john

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2007 10:46PM

purenkind

if you are worried about the sugar content
why not put in more greens?

that may help to stabilize sugar levels

too much sugary fruit doesn't do right with me
so i do most of it greens
and use some fruit just so it won't be entirely bitter

especially if you are going to be doing it long term
everyone is different though

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:39AM

How long is your juice fast going to last? I plan on starting a 3 day juice fast tomorrow, and just having fresh fruit juices and after the 3 days I don't know yet.

I'd love to try oxy powder too, but I can't afford that yet. I do take magnesium oxide though, around 3 grams and 3 grams at least of vit-c along with the fruits and fruit juices I consume.

What kind of water are you drinking? I think I might add in the distilled and some mineral water during the 3 day fruit juice fast to give my kidney's a break.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 15, 2007 08:48AM

Thanks for all the responses!

Well, I ended my fast after 8 days. I pretty much just kept up my fruit drink because it was soo good, but I did simplify my veggie juices. my favorite ended up being cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, apple. I also really liked carrot, beet, celery, cucumber, parsley.

I'll probably do a juice fast every month for 3-7 days. I really liked how it made me feel. Now I'm back to 95% raw, which is realistic for me as a goal.

La Veronique,
It was Erica who was worried about sugar intake, not me. I really enjoyed my fruit juices in the early part of the day and didn't have any problem with the sugar content, but like you, I really enjoyed my green juices for the rest of the day.

Thanks again for all your input!

Peace

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 15, 2007 07:24PM

congrats on your sucess... a fine example for others in need to consider!

jj

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2008 01:37AM

There is no need to fast; all is needed one glass of juice per day. Do not drink tap water or processed foods and you will see an improvement within a week.

Daily Juicing of vegetables and fruits can be used in any combination of the following: ginger, garlic, celery, pumpkin, cabbage, asparagus, parsley, spinach, leeks, spinach, beets and carrots. Juicing fresh green vegetables such as Brussels sprouts and string beans is a wonderful health benefit as both are good sources of natural insulin. Nutrients such as silicon works to support the pancreas and are found in alfalfa, olives, asparagus, lettuce, mustard greens, radishes, cabbage and cucumbers. Use fruit combinations sparingly due to their high sugar content. Sweet juices such as carrot, beet, grape, and apple or pear juice should be half diluted with water or mixed with other juices such as celery.
Make only as much juice as needed for immediate use. In storage including refrigeration, raw juices oxidize rapidly and lose their medicinal value in as little as 10 minutes.

Drinking juice is one of the best and quickest ways for the body to utilize these nutrients within minutes instead of hours.

A high fiber diet is necessary in diabetes, in weight loss and for general health, to promote healthy digestion and elimination. The vegetable pulp helps to balance the sugars in vegetables, so in diabetes, over consumption is not recommended.

Grind flax seed in a blender or a coffee grinder that is not used for coffee. Store the ground seeds in the freezer. Add one to two tablespoons of the ground seeds to every meal. The freshly ground seeds, can be eaten with porridge or on salads or drunk after mixing with a little water.

Date: May 20, 2008 02:23AM

Narlean.....That's a lot of good advice. I especially like your suggestion to dilute Carrot Juice......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables