Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting While Camping
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 05, 2008 03:38PM

I'm going camping on the 23rd for about 11-12 days, and I really want to continue my juice fast there. (I started yesterday.) I'll be on a primitive island where I have to take all my supplies, including water. Obviously, I can't juice fruits and vegetables, and I don't want to take bottled juices.

Usually when I fast on a camping trip I do water only (difficult!) or a MasterCleanse lemonade-type thing with bottled lemon juice and agave or maple syrup. This time I don't want to water fast-- it incapacitates me too much, and my husband appreciates my company too much to have me lying down in the tent sleeping half the time. So that leaves me with MC lemonades, and that means several bottles of lemon juice and several bottles of raw agave nectar.

I'm just not feelin' it. Would really like a better option.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting While Camping
Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: July 08, 2008 01:25AM

Will there be any fruits available to you? I'm wondering if maybe a citrus type juicer (old school hand squeezy one) would help at all, since that's packable. Or even just squeezing stuff by hand.

Re: Fasting While Camping
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 08, 2008 04:41AM

No, there's no citrus. In August there are a lot of blackberries and raspberries, but that's about it. I'd love to bring citrus fruit to juice, but it wouldn't last more than about 2-3 days before it would start to get moldy.

Thanks for the support though, Davey. If I could, I'd have a cooler full of Valencia oranges and I'd sip orange juice the whole time-- that would be heavenly!

I decided yesterday that I am going to stop my juice fast for the camping trip -- I'll still get in 18 days of fasting, and that's enough -- and while we're camping I'll eat my usual camping fare (dried fruit, nuts, and salads of dried greens, seaweed, sundried tomatoes, avocado, onion, etc. w/lemon juice), except that this time I'll dry fast every evening from 4 or 5pm till the next morning.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables